PDA

View Full Version : Highway travellers

insideout
09-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Just got back from 4 days at sunny coast, had a blast!! On our way back home here to Hervey bay , the traffic heading south went for miles, and miles, and miles!!! Just when it started to clear up , the traffic banked up again at Gympie, and went back for miles again!! I take my hat off to ya southern travellers, for your Patience must be legendary, and your fueltanks deep!! Hope all got back in one piece.

Luc
09-04-2007, 07:41 PM
The answer is to take an extra day off and come back on the Tuesday:D

Not usually a problem for me as Xmas and Easter are the two times of the year I stick around home base.

Luc

Marlin_Mike
09-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Glad I canned my easter trip to hervey bay, what with the terrific weather we had :(

Mike

disorderly
09-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Bugger the holiday period.Hardly a holiday when everybody is racing around like chickens with there heads cut off.
I'll have my time off when the coast is clear!

cheers Scott

Tangles
09-04-2007, 08:01 PM
easter madness, one of the great things about having a 4by, you dont need a 4 day weekend to go and do great stuff, same applies to baots. I missed the Easter Madness
cheers
mike

haggis
09-04-2007, 08:19 PM
had the gympie traffic problem to day on my way homa from Gladstone
had one ######## cut in on me and then slam his brakes on .
had a white knuckle ride trying to stop fourby and boat without taking off his rear end .
cheers haggis
hope everyone had a happy and safe easter

HH17L
09-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Glad i wasn't out on the water today, i hear some people had to wait up to 1.5 hours to get their boats out of the water.

Andrew.:D

Synful
09-04-2007, 08:29 PM
had the gympie traffic problem to day on my way homa from Gladstone
had one ######## cut in on me and then slam his brakes on .
had a white knuckle ride trying to stop fourby and boat without taking off his rear end .
cheers haggis
hope everyone had a happy and safe easter

Evening all, that's why when we lived in Brisbane, we never went anywhere over the Easter break. Bottom line is that it is just too dangerous and incidents like the one that Haggis mentioned are all too common.

Wet weather and school holidays guys - the two times of the year when everyone who should have a licence taken off them by the police seems to be hell bent on getting on the road. :o

Since moving to FNQ; I've noticed that the traffic seems to be the same pretty much all year round. I even went for a drive to Port Douglas yesterday and traffic was negligible and even had people doing 5km's under the speed limit in the rain taking it a bit more careful ::)

Tangles
09-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Have to admit, it sometimes feels safer on a place like Mt Mee or similar tracks than the freeways during Easter Madness, especially the souped up riceburners
cheers
Mike

Mr__Bean
09-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Well, traffic is flowing fine now.

We decided to travel up to Noosaville from Brisbane for the day.

We knew that the traffic would be heavy coming home so we stayed and had dinner beside the river before leaving there at 7.30pm. Arrived back at Murrumba Downs at 8.35pm (65 minute trip).

Can't complain about that.

- Darren

Mad-One
10-04-2007, 11:59 AM
I was unfortunate enough to have to take my Mother from the Goldie to Bris airport and I never saw 1 cop going there or coming back. So much for a blitz. I just sat on the speed limit and let all the other idiots go, must be growing up
Cheers Mad

ashh
10-04-2007, 03:31 PM
yeah, we only saw 4 cops, 2 on the way up and 2 on the way back, all the way from the gold coast to hervey bay and back. We left maryborough sunday at 4pm and were back aon the coast just after 7pm, minimal delays...phew
Got caught in the traffic last year coming back on easter monday....never again

Richo1
10-04-2007, 05:54 PM
We can only hope that in the near future they build a by-pass around gympie. Wouldn't bother me if I never had to drive through it again!:D

gone_fishing
10-04-2007, 07:35 PM
never go to far on easter holidays and if i do it like day trips
rather take some time off at other times
work takes me up and down tha pacific hwy between gosford and taree on thursday put out messaga boards i past 37 cop cars and bikes heading north
the traffic at thursday at 4pm the end of the freeway was was backed up about 8 km ohh 1.5 hours form sydney is still to close ahhh

MY-TopEnder
10-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Ahhh i think i'll wait till the school holidays off and conveniently they go back on the 16th, and i have 2 days to wear out the credit card on a new esky, new camping gear and then 8:30 Wednesday morning i'm GONE to Moreton for a week.