PDA

View Full Version : Hull pedigree - Mustang

Brumby
08-04-2007, 11:01 PM
I noticed in the Haines V19R thread that Opti, Grand Marlin and a couple of others were referring to the ancestry of various hulls, including the Jenks 23 which was derived from a Mustang 24. I've just bought a Mustang and would be interested to read any original specs or test reports anyone might have - the only info I've found so far was in one of Jeff Webster's books.

Strikes me some of you have been boating here a hell of a lot longer than me and might know about these things.

Incidentally, had a look at a Millenium 24 at a dealer the other day, interesting to see how a fairly minor makeover has modernised a 30 odd year old design. Hmmm, a new curved windscreen and a moulded basin module would do wonders for mine.....

OPTI
09-04-2007, 08:18 AM
As Far As I Know All Mustangs Were Originals.what Model Have You Got?post A Photo Of It.

Brumby
09-04-2007, 09:31 AM
Hi Opti

She's a Mustang 2400, half cabin with an outboard on a pod. We were looking for something big enough to overnight on, but that wouldn't break the bank. Still busy sorting out some minor hassles with the fuel system and having covers restitched, but so far very pleased with what we got. Maybe it's just that she is bigger and heavier than the runabouts and cuddy cabs that I've had before, but the ride on the Broadwater chop has been an eye opener.

Not being a current model, I'm battling to find info like how many bodies she can legally carry etc.

I'll try a photo, haven't had much luck up till now...

Carl

OPTI
09-04-2007, 09:48 AM
Yeah Its Original To Mustang As Far As I Know.i Had A Mate With One Of Those With A 175 Merc,as You Know A Lot Of Boat For The Money.i Know They Would Carry 6 People No Worries.id Give Noddy A Call At Williams Marine Coomera,he Built Most Of Them He Would No All The Specs.the Jenks Craft Is A Earlier Model Mustang 24 Much Narrower In The Beam And Look A Lot More Pointer In The Bow.
Guess Your Like Me ,no Boating Over Easter Due To This 30 Knt Southerly.

Brumby
09-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Guess Your Like Me ,no Boating Over Easter Due To This 30 Knt Southerly.

You're not wrong there - was up early this am and thought about sneaking out for a couple of hours, but a look at bom and seabreeze convinced me to stay home. Seems they're not far wrong either.

Thanks for the tip on Williams Marine, I'll give them a call.

Cheers

Carl