PDA

View Full Version : Photos of Bjelke and Booroomba

gunna
05-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Just dropped in to both for a first time look. Didn't bother to wet a line. The guy we camped next to at Bjelke had only caught tortoises all week. Bjelke is down to 3% and is just a big puddle. First shot is taken from the top of the secondary wall. Water was up to that once.

Couple photos of Bjelke

gunna
05-04-2007, 05:25 PM
Boondoomba at something like 14% is not much better

Sniper
08-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Hi Peter. Did you enjoy your trip? Might have to get back out there and get a few of my lures back now the water is that low. At least there is still some water there.
Cheers
Bill

blufish
08-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Pretty frightening pics really
Brad

keepitreel
09-04-2007, 02:57 PM
Makes me wonder what Tarong Power station is doing for water now they have sucked these to beautiful waterways dry.

Luc
09-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Tarong can keep sucking Boondoomba until it reaches dead storage level which I beleive is 8%.

Meanwhile, there's a pipeline being constructed from Wivenhoe to Tarong but it's schedule to reach there in August 08. Then they can empty big W even faster.

20 years since any major water infrastructure work done in the south east and we still re-elect the idiots!!! So much for the big picture and forward planning.

Luc

Thepato
09-04-2007, 08:17 PM
G'day Luc,
There is already a pipeline from Wivenhoe to Tarong as Tarong North Power Station sources all it's water from Wivenhoe while the Tarong Power Station uses water from Boondooma and Wivenhoe. The pipeline that is currently under construction to Tarong is a recycled water pipeline.
Patrick.

gunna
12-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Hi Peter. Did you enjoy your trip? Might have to get back out there and get a few of my lures back now the water is that low. At least there is still some water there.
Cheers
Bill

G'day Bill. Yep - enjoyed the trip. Some very pretty country in that run across to Boondoomba. But gee that country is dry.

Good luck chasing lures mate. Its a bloody long walk to any timber now :D :D .

Sniper
14-04-2007, 04:18 PM
Thats why me got one of those four wheel drivey thingamobs. Hope we get some rain out there soon. A mate of mine was running dairy cattle but with no water has had to sell them all and now runs beef cattle for a while, till they get rain again. Come on huey, bring it down, and in the right areas too!!!
Bill

natureday
17-04-2007, 10:20 AM
Is there a dam near there that is sucking all the water out?
That is really a tradgety!@@
Where did all the fish go?
Anna23@natureday.com

Smithy
18-04-2007, 10:31 AM
Tarong has scaled back generation allready. It is cheaper for them to source their water from Boondooma than Wivenhoe. From halfway along the Boondooma pipeline it is gravity feed to Tarong. Wivenhoe has to be pumped so they are up for the costs of all that electricity supplying the pumps. If it ever rains Boondooma is the best option for them. With regards BP Dam, it was built purely as an irrigation dam. It has secured the future of the water supplies of Murgon, Wondai and Cherbourg by default and that is the only thing stopping them from draining it from its present level to absolutely nothing.