PDA

View Full Version : fuel primer bulb

blaze
05-04-2007, 02:36 PM
motor runs and doesnt miss a beat. The problem arose when I was trying to asatain why my fuel flow meter was playing up. what I have noticed is the primer bulb is going soft, I think maybe the one way valve is buggered in the primer bulb.
thoughts please
cheers
blaze

Roughasguts
05-04-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi Blaze, seeing as the fuel is sucked up via, the primer bulb, I would think the bulb would feel relatively soft, maybe not as much if the bulb was new.

Anyway the sensor might be picking up air bubbles in the fuel line.
Do a bit of a suction test on all hoses, conections, filters Etc.

blaze
05-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Hi RAG
done that, got me bugger, be a differentr thing if I had some sorta motor problem. Its been holding firm since I put the thread up, so maybe some air in it somewhere, I know theres a bit gets traped in the filter but thats been there all the time with no problems before.

Roughasguts
05-04-2007, 04:28 PM
Blaze, I found once or twice, if I disconect the fuel line from the motor and squeeze the bulb in to a container it purges the line better. Mind you I have another conector with hose on it, to pop in to the end so it opens the stop valve.

Spaniard_King
05-04-2007, 08:05 PM
sucking air between primer and engine (could even be somewhere on engine fuel system) or partial blockage between primer and tank.

good luk

Garry

blaze
07-04-2007, 01:48 PM
all seems good, maybe just needed using. Fuel flow meter working correct and no problems in 250km over the weekend.
Thanks for ideas
cheers
blaze