PDA

View Full Version : Just about to order the new boat

gone_phishin
03-04-2007, 08:35 PM
G'day all,

Getting real close to ordering a new Bluefin 525 Bow rider but have just heard of past problems with welds, finish, getting repairs done by Bluefin, etc. Does anyone else know of these type of things happening with the Bluefin's?

Cheers
Geoff

blaze
03-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Hi Geoff
You will hear the same story about most of them, some one will like this hull and not that one because this one done that and that one one done this, confused.
I think the best bet is to buy the boat that seems like the most appropiate one for you and BEFORE PAYING FOR IT, water test and a proper inspection of welds (even check under the floor), now this may seem a bit anal but you get what you want and not what they think they can get away with.
cheers
blaze

Blackened
03-04-2007, 09:06 PM
G'day

Most of the pressed / untrue plate boats will need welding sooner or later,

Fact is, does the boat suit your needs and budget? Why focus on a negative otherwise?

You've come this close, just make sure youre happy with your decision, and base it on fact.

Dave

gone_phishin
03-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Thanks Blaze and Dave

She is what we're after both in content and budget but sometimes you get that rotten bit of negativity planted in the old scone, and the only way around it is to ask others...I feel anyway.

I've been unable to find anything truely negative about them until a chance comment with someone this afternoon I was discussing motors with. Did they have an ulterior motive? Possibly. Then again...I've had all the same sort of negativity from many of the Tinnie show dealers over Saturday and Sunday about everyone else's problems except their own!

The wife and I have decided that she will probably...definately not definately!!!..be our last boat, and have got the price for the one that will give us everything we can think of needing for the next umpteen years, under lots of different fishing conditions.

But I guess it still doesn't hurt to ask advice....

Cheers
Geoff