PDA

View Full Version : Hydrofield

bill91817
03-04-2007, 03:53 PM
IS a hydrofield the same as a Ocean Master

indy
03-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Geez bill you are alot gamer man than me buying a boat with no research going into it. My mate has a stessel try hull probably totally different to what you have bought but it seems to be ok.

Cuts through the chop very well but seems to through alot of water out and up over the boat. Yours being 24ft and fiberglass and his being 18ft and aluminium they will probably be chalk and cheese.

Good luck with it hope she serves you well

cheers pete...

bill91817
03-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Hi Pete
thanks mate! - yeah well it is a 2002 model and was quite cheap and I know the hydrofield boats were build really well so thought it was a fair punt -

bastard
03-04-2007, 05:50 PM
I went to look at a ski boat about 5 years ago down the gold coast and im pretty sure the same guy that was building these ski boats also built the boats your speaking of in the same shed.He may have sold the moulds to some one else and some one else could be building them now.The ski boats were called an addrenillan and the fellow who advertised them in trade a boat lived at paradise point.So many people make boats now its hard to keep up.

Blackened
03-04-2007, 06:40 PM
G'day Bill

I have no idea on the particular boats you are talking about, and it is a rather game move but good luck :)

I may know the boat you are talking of, was it from a yard at around springwood?

Dave

bill91817
03-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Dave -not sure where springwood is-

snelly1971
03-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Hi Bill i have seen a couple of these advertised for sale before on boatsonline in perth ...but i have no idea who builds them...bet it is a stable ...!!!!!!

Blackened
03-04-2007, 07:18 PM
G'day

Springwood is on the southside of brisbane, probably 1/2 hour from raby bay.

Anyway, very nice rig. I like it ;)

Dave

Kerry
03-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Well, well , well a 2002 model? Now I thought the moulds for these had been destroyed? But they appear to have grown a little as the Tradewind was a 21 foot tri-hill. The first one was built in the very early 90's by the guys that designed it and made the original moulds. The interesting thing is are these moulds still around ???????

The only thing in common with Hydrofield is the guys that designed it did a lot of the Hydrofield fibreglass work. The centre hull in fact is based directly on a Seafarer V-Sea and the rest grew from that. Certainly was not made from Hydofield moulds.

copie
03-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Hi bill well these boats tradewind originally a 21 footer were built at a place in queensland just north of the gold coast called jacobs well. A very good friend of mine owned the proto boat and let me tell you what a boat. We have been 60-70 km off shre from moolooabah and 110km out of bundaburg in sometimes very poor conditions and this boat handled it all and we always felt safe. The raby bay rescue in fact had a boat custom built by the same guys but was 24 foot long and from memory had a single diesel inboard. I looked at another that was for sale not too long ago at john crawford marine a 28 foot ex. rescue boot which had been swamped on stradbroke island and both engines had troubles. I believe the boat was purchased by someone in sydney and re-powered. Good luck with yours MARK. P.S these boats are not hydofields and dont look like hydrofield.

bill91817
04-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks guys for clarification -

BigAllan
02-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Hi Bill, I have a 38 foot Tradewind cruiser built in 1995. Has a V8 with Volvo leg. How's the re-fit going?
Cheers
Allan