PDA

View Full Version : Easter long weekend!

insideout
02-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Gday all! What you all doing over the long weekend? I am going boating up fraser island to camp at wathumba creek (weather permitting)

kingtin
02-04-2007, 07:33 PM
The deckie is working.....goodoh..........penalty payments ;D

I will be packing bearings and generally packing and preparing for our weeks camping down on the Tweed on the Tuesday.

Just found out that estuary cod are a protected species :o so will have to have a re-think on my target species...........those red devilish buggers may be the go.

kev

ashh
02-04-2007, 07:43 PM
hitting hervey bay reefs in my boat with father inlaw for three days, forecast is looking great!! cant wait !!:2vrolijk_08:

bastard
02-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Gday all! What you all doing over the long weekend? I am going boating up fraser island to camp at wathumba creek (weather permitting)The missus and i and the kid are doing just that in september,cant wait were leaving from gold coast,and going by boat.

manchild
02-04-2007, 08:00 PM
5 days in Tin can bay with the family just fishing away and doing daytrips with 4b and the boat.Dont care much about the weather either if its raining i would sit on the verandah with a bottle of bourbon and watching the rain falling over Fraser on the other side.Sometimes its pays to be simple ;D
George

Outdoor Guy
02-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Headin out west to Tara west of Dalby about 100kliks so i'm told hopin for some fishin if theres any water out there

BilgeBoy
02-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Arrggghhh Holidays...real holidays!! My first in a very long time.

I plan on doing STUFF ALL. Maybe a lot of fishing!! Then reading King Tin's thread, perhaps I should do my bearings...yeah thanks King Tin!!

BilgeBoy

PinHead
02-04-2007, 09:43 PM
staying home.

Lucky_Phill
02-04-2007, 09:45 PM
hervey bay :-X

Black_Rat
02-04-2007, 10:14 PM
staying home.

You miserable bastard ! ;D ;D ;D

I know you luv the Reds _ Bunnies;D ;D ;D

I'm backing the REDS in !

wags on the water
02-04-2007, 10:29 PM
Fishin around brisbane area over easter, then heading up to hervey bay week after.

Wags

Scalem
03-04-2007, 06:19 AM
Staying close to home for Easter Friday, then have a look for Banana Prawns Sat arvo. Last year Easter long weekend is when they schooled up, and I missed out!!

Sunday we tow the camper trailer down for the wife and Kids to holiday for a week with friends, but unfortunately I don't have enough holidays with my new job, so it's back to work for me on Tuesday:'(

Scalem

Marlin_Mike
03-04-2007, 06:28 AM
Give us a call wags if youre out on sunday. looking at the weather, unless it changes, i will be somewhere along the Pinklenba wall or Reclamation pond wall sunday morning, flicking a few plastics and smelly baits for possible squire and bream.

If the weather comes good, will start at Peel and work my way up the rainbow then down the Rous

Mike

Horse
03-04-2007, 07:14 AM
I will be heading over to play around the Rainbow with the family. Looks like the fan will be turned on though. Might keep the crowds under control

Cheers

Neil

Rod Fishing
03-04-2007, 07:49 AM
Headed up to Cardwell over Eatser with the missus and boy hopefully there will be a few more ausfishers up there.

oh yeah major-defect will be up the aswell. Hope to see some more of you guys and gals up there.

sandyd
03-04-2007, 07:55 AM
Heading for Harvey Bay as well.
Took the boat down there a few months ago and my hubby has decided that his favorite out law is worth visiting on a more regular bases.

SCOTTYGC
03-04-2007, 08:35 AM
tin can bay from friday to monday

house on south straddie from tuesday to sunday

seatime
03-04-2007, 02:15 PM
over at Amity for 10 days, Good Friday looks good so far, then looks like Sad Saturday, Cyclonic Sunday,,, hopefully a few OK days during the week.

new boy
03-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Live in Hervey Bay so I will be out on the bay tring to catch my second fish ( first a good size flathead, you will have to take my word for that, as I had no camara on board) boys up from Brissie, one dose not drink so he will do all the driving.
Have a good one all
New boy

bundylundy
03-04-2007, 05:12 PM
Standby commitments with work means the boat will get a holiday. Most likely head down the Harbour to watch the boats in the Brissie to Happyrock yacht race come in. Hopefully toss a line from the bank somewhere and check out the fireworks at the Harbour festival. To those boaties that are going out on the water, hope you have good one.

BundyLundy

new boy
03-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Live in Hervey Bay, so I will be out on the Bay tring to catch my second fish. first was a very good size flathead (you will have to take my word for that, as I had no camara on board). Boys up from Brissie, one dose not drink so he is the designated driver.
Have a good one all and a safe one.
New Boyhttp://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/images/icons/icon7.gif

zigfreed
03-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Too scared to face the easter traffic, gonna hide at home:o :o

Luc
03-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Same phobia about easter traffic so will be fishing locally, Pine Rivers, Redcliffe, Scarborough and if I feel really keen, I may visit Somerset Dam.

Had a look at the 7 day forecast on the Seabreeze site and looks like Thursday/Friday will be the picks with Saturday to Monday being blown out.

Luc

Tangles
03-04-2007, 06:56 PM
Was heading way up north to see family, but they are now driving down,, so looks like mainly at Brissie but will be doing a couple of days in the 4by, maybe out to the Conodales or Condamine George

mike

NEWBY
03-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Pancake creek, agnes, Musgrave, Fitzroy, Sykes, Heron then Masthead. Mother nature permitting. 1 X 35' Bertram. 10 days, 3 kids, 1 wife and 8 bottles of Jack Daniels toppped off with a few good bottles of cab sav. (I have cut back a lot)
Pancake is definate on Friday and see what the wind says fom there.

dogsbody
03-04-2007, 07:46 PM
Off to Sydney for a look see. Last time i was that way i was a little tacker.

Dave.

seatime
03-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Dogsbody, do they have the Gay Mardi gras at easter now????:-* :-*

tigermullet
03-04-2007, 09:25 PM
Well, I am not going anywhere near the water not travelling nor having fun because I will be pruning effing trees and shrubs if the Regimental Sergeant Major has anything to say in the matter. And she has!

Not that I can see the point. After planting a tree and it grows a few branches and leaves and seems to be content to just stand there being green I am quite happy.

But a gardener isn't. Just let them see a bit of growth or a happy plant and they're reaching for the effing pruning saw to cut the bastards back to a stump.

It would have been a whole lot easier to go to Bunnings and get a few lengths of 4 X 2 and concrete them into the ground.

dogsbody
03-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Dogsbody, do they have the Gay Mardi gras at easter now????:-* :-*

I would'nt know how bout stepping up and taking one for the team. ;D

shubeej
03-04-2007, 09:38 PM
heading down to the pin , hopefully not to crowded !
shubeej

PinHead
04-04-2007, 05:06 AM
the boss has now decreed that the boat needs a clean so down to Horizon Shores on Thursday arvo and spend most of Friday cleaning..how exciting!!!!!!

Argle
04-04-2007, 10:35 AM
Sitting here at work keeping the wheels of industry turning all weekend, then two weeks after Easter once the dust has settled and the fish are out of hiding its off to Hervey Bay for a week!

Cheers and Beers
Scott

kingtin
04-04-2007, 12:08 PM
the boss has now decreed that the boat needs a clean so down to Horizon Shores on Thursday arvo and spend most of Friday cleaning..how exciting!!!!!!

That chardonnay's bloody hard to get off as well! ;D

kev

PinHead
04-04-2007, 04:13 PM
That chardonnay's bloody hard to get off as well! ;D

kev

how do u get it off yours...I thought Whittley's were known as chardy cruisers.

kingtin
04-04-2007, 05:45 PM
how do u get it off yours...I thought Whittley's were known as chardy cruisers.

Chateux de Cardboard Box for me mate http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_7_7.gif

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_4_148.gifI know you hate emoticons so http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_3_17.gif

Seahorse
04-04-2007, 07:30 PM
take a run out to see yacht race on frid, then play by ear. doesnt look real good. try to get up to tipplers on sat.

happy easter all
greg

Lucky_Phill
04-04-2007, 08:27 PM
trip to Hervey Bay has been withdrawn due to THE WIND. >:(

Heading out for a squire and bream session Thursday arvo / evening, then might sort tackle, boat etc over the next couple of days.

Rebait, will be hitting the water in Hervey bay on Friday. Give them a wave ;D

Cheers Phill