PDA

View Full Version : Verado

Wahoo
01-04-2007, 07:38 PM
any Ausfish have a Verado on there boat?
i need the size of smartcraft digital box, (cut out size)

Daz

Wahoo
02-04-2007, 04:27 AM
no one with a Verado :o

Daz

Greg P
02-04-2007, 07:09 AM
Daz

Are you talking about the SC5000 system ?

If you are then here you go ----->>>>> http://northamerica.mercurymarine.com/_media/pdfs/otherproducts/smartcraft_manuals/SC5000_System_View_Manual.pdf

Go to page 59 of 66 and there you go.

Cheers

Greg

Wahoo
02-04-2007, 07:44 AM
Daz

Are you talking about the SC5000 system ?

If you are then here you go ----->>>>> http://northamerica.mercurymarine.com/_media/pdfs/otherproducts/smartcraft_manuals/SC5000_System_View_Manual.pdf

Go to page 59 of 66 and there you go.

Cheers

Greg
thanks a heap Greg, thats the info i was looking for
did'nt even think to search in that area

cheers
Daz

Wahoo
04-04-2007, 11:11 AM
jeeeeezzz, had a bit of a read on that link :-/

tell ya what, these Verados are soooooo hi tec :o:o

isnt there anyone with a Verado?? or am i the only one that likes Mercs :P

Daz

just_cruisin
04-04-2007, 03:05 PM
Mate I have a 250 verado, won't be able to get the size of the cut-out till next week some time though. Are you in the process of purchasing one? A template comes with all the smartcraft gear. Try the 'hulltruth' an american website or 'veradoclub' (pays to be a subscribed member). Not too sure how many people could be bothered to pull there screen out for the actual cut-out dimensions though, maybe someone hasn't thrown out there template. I am sure you could find the dims on the net somewhere. Sorry I wasn't more helpful

just_cruisin
04-04-2007, 03:25 PM
Sorry daz i should have read your last 2 posts, but yer there aren't too many verado's on this site. There are a few getting around cairns though.
P.S. They are a bloody awesome system, haven't seen anything thats compares.

FNQCairns
04-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Well come on Daz..... spit it out, what's up?! Trophy?

cheers fnq

Wahoo
04-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Well come on Daz..... spit it out, what's up?! Trophy?

cheers fnq

Damn, i have been so good there for a while :P
its a 6m platey built by Scott ( bluewater boats ) and running a Verado 225 ;D8-)

J/C thanks for that, will check out THT
the link Greg has given me is brillant

FNQCairns
04-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Nice, have seen one a bit smaller before walkaround I think, looked the goods! and a big 4 stroke with the performance of a 2 stroke... what wasn't the reef close enough already!:)
Hope you enjoy it should make mince meat of that 2 foot chop up here not to mention dodging those wetseason buildup squals we get in the afternoon.

Need a pic or two.

cheers fnq

Wahoo
04-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Nice, have seen one a bit smaller before walkaround I think, looked the goods! and a big 4 stroke with the performance of a 2 stroke... what wasn't the reef close enough already!:)
Hope you enjoy it should make mince meat of that 2 foot chop up here not to mention dodging those wetseason buildup squals we get in the afternoon.

Need a pic or two.

cheers fnq
thanx fnq
will get some pics up in a few weeks
i agree that this thing will go hard in the seas we have up here ( slop)
a good mate had the 5.5 with a 200 on the back, was a treat going fishing in his boat

Daz

just_cruisin
05-04-2007, 10:03 AM
Congrats mate,
In that case, I highly recommend you visit www.veradoclub.com (http://www.veradoclub.com) on the front page you will see a PDF called the 'Owners Tips'. The information within this PDF is gold for a new Verado owner.
Are you getting one of the new 2 star (emissions) models or the older 3 star. If it is an 07 or later it should be a 2 star = better WOT fuel economy.

Wahoo
05-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Congrats mate,
In that case, I highly recommend you visit www.veradoclub.com (http://www.veradoclub.com) on the front page you will see a PDF called the 'Owners Tips'. The information within this PDF is gold for a new Verado owner.
Are you getting one of the new 2 star (emissions) models or the older 3 star. If it is an 07 or later it should be a 2 star = better WOT fuel economy.

thanks J/C
the 2 star wont be in australia till late this year
had a great look at that link and its great (thanx)
had a good chat with merc today and they are getting me a Laser ll 19p S/S prop to start with, gota be happy with that ;D

SO70
06-04-2007, 12:10 AM
i look after and do maintenance on a boat with twin 250HP Verados.
it has the standard Smartcraft gauges.
after 12 months of use there has only been a few niggling problems.
all up not a bad motor, but they are big and bulky and love to drink fuel.
most trips it averages 350-400+ litres for 100+ mile round trips.
would like to know what other Verado owners think.

ozlongboarder
06-04-2007, 08:40 AM
There is a Boston Whaler 30+ feet near me that has twin 275 Verados on the back. It was sounding very sick one day then disappeared not long after. It returned a month or so later with a new powerhead on one of the motors. Not sure what was wrong with it.

I have also seen another boat with twin 275 on that needed both powerheads replacing but I believe that was due to the kid at the marina putting diesel in the tanks:o

youngfisho
06-04-2007, 07:12 PM
mmm superchargers arent that hi tech, why they've been around for donkeys. Just their application is new to outboards. However, like anything that forces air into a motor, they tend not to last as long.

Wahoo
06-04-2007, 10:38 PM
mmm superchargers arent that hi tech, why they've been around for donkeys. Just their application is new to outboards. However, like anything that forces air into a motor, they tend not to last as long.

MMMMMMMMMM Y/F
they might not be "HIGH TEC" on cars and so ::)::)::) but why has it taken then so long in the outboards??????
thats why Verado has been THE first one out with a S/C.......
give it time and all others will follow suit ::)::)::)::)

can you please tell as all why they wont last as long ??????:o:o:o:o
and not "BECAUSE" a mate of a mate of a mate said so::)::)::)

Greg P
06-04-2007, 11:23 PM
The interesting thing I find about the Verado is that it is such as small displacement engine.

Yanks and the Japs have done a reversal with the aint no substitute for cubic inches thought. Zuke and Yam are going big cubes to leave some in reserve for the HP war.

Dont sweat it Daz - she will be a cracker of an outboard but they are pretty thirsty in the high rpm band compared to others. Luv the dig shift and smartcraft set up though.

Cheers

Greg