PDA

View Full Version : Cheech Doesn't Have a Problem, Here's a Problem !

Chimo
31-03-2007, 08:05 PM
If you reckon your boat is not too stable in wind Cheech check this out...
http://www.break.com/index/cruise_ship_caught_in_cyclone.html

Happy cruising, its an alternative to date rape out of Bne

Cheers

Chimo

Tassie JR
31-03-2007, 08:45 PM
stuff that mate my old boat would have sank long time ago

cheers tassie JR

fishingjew
31-03-2007, 09:14 PM
I bet they ran out of sea sickness tablets

snapperm8
01-04-2007, 09:31 AM
ud say a few people on that boat would be shitting bricks!!!

Poodroo
01-04-2007, 11:19 AM
That was a little bit rougher than the day I met you Chimo when I was out on TMD with Pinhead. I think all on board were glad to be out of that cyclone.

Poodroo

Chimo
01-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Hi Poodroo
Yes, I kind of wish I'd had the tender along on that trip, those gin palaces that were heading up to the Pin and then doing U turns made rafting up a little tricky that day. At least the beer was cold.

Reckon we need to do something similar again soon,

What are your thoughts?

Cheers
Chimo

ashh
01-04-2007, 11:50 AM
that reminded me of when I went on a school reef trip with marine studies class. Went out and camped on Northwest Island off rocky for a week. The boat was one of those big triple decker cats, the trip out there was awesome, flat no swell, no wind for the few hours to get there. Did plenty of fishing & snorkling for the week, then when it was time to come home, boy did someone do something to piss neptune off.
3-4m swell god knows how strong the wind was. Everyone was having a blast thinking yeah this is so cool, with the boat going up and down and sideways......half an hour later allmost everyone was throwing up on each other.
Was not pretty, vomit from floor to ceilings on all levels of the boat, and going downstairs to the toilet was not an option, lets just say the cleaner would have needed waders to get in there.:-X
I had a great time and was one of only three, out of the eighty students that didnt get sea sick.;D

Poodroo
01-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Hi Poodroo
Yes, I kind of wish I'd had the tender along on that trip, those gin palaces that were heading up to the Pin and then doing U turns made rafting up a little tricky that day. At least the beer was cold.

Reckon we need to do something similar again soon,

What are your thoughts?

Cheers
Chimo

Count me in. Was a top day on the water and yes the beer was cold that day. I'll even supply the beer next time. ;) Yeah there were a lot of those gin palaces on the water that day for some reason. You know I still haven't got a new phone after wrecking the V3 on that trip? A friend as given me an old Nokia to tie me over until Optus offer me a new phone when the contract expires.

Regards,

Poodroo

Chimo
01-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Will we wait till we have visiting rights to one of the air conditioned boats in the fleet for afternoon naps or just go for it?

C

wessel
01-04-2007, 03:15 PM
That was one serious washing machine ride.... If there was passengers on board they would have had injuries.

Wonder if they had a single cup left afterwards that was not broken or smashed to pieces in the cupboards...

Wessel

manchild
02-04-2007, 06:40 PM
I wonder why she taking the waves on her side.I tought the procedure called leaving or altering course and taking the storm head on.
George