PDA

View Full Version : Vandals!

FNQCairns
31-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Took my new boat out to the welders on last saturday morning 6.30am it sat around the side of the till 12.30 but got no work done-OK, they said they feel pretty bad about and to bring it around real early Monday morning so I do and the work happens, I have the boat home before 11am.

Now the crappy part this afternoon I head out to do a bit of new work for welding this week and what do I spy, someone had a go at the rear gunnel with a drill!! New shiny aluminium staring me in the face with cuts above where the drill flutes grabed and ran along a ways, these cuts also have dirty finger crap in them where the vandal felt the modification with his black thumb!!

Talk about trash who needs this crap,

Here is a pic the mark is around 30mm long, 6mm high, nice shiny and new.

Beware they are everywhere!!

Scalem
31-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Geez mate,

I'd need to hit a punching bag or something, then off to anger management councelling:angryfire: Leaves no doubt it was deliberate.

What goes around comes around, only you wish you were around when they get their own back.

Sorry to hear about it.

Scalem

FNQCairns
31-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Thanks Scalem, I think I have it in persective now:)

It's not looking good, the first person I let touch a boat of mine in 2 years, before that it was a small tinny, a different welder and it was crap work, now this happens, will check tommorrow for holes in the hull!

Bad thing is I dropped a part in this morning for some work so need to rescue it and have a chat while I am there, they will not see a red cent from me again, for what that's worth and not that it will matter to them.

Going to look for the thread I posted on buying a welder a couple of weeks ago!

cheers fnq

nigelr
31-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, FNQ.
Can understand how gut-wrenching the discovery must have been.
Hope the hull is untouched, and everything else works out smoothly.
And hopefully karma will take care of the low-lifes.
Cheers.

FNQCairns
31-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Thanks Nigeir, it's all bit surreal, the damage is slight, it's a tinny that was never bought to be pretty, I have a fuel tank waiting ATM to be modified and am now thinking my little girl will be on this boat in the future!.

I am pretty dopey in real life very hard to get a rise cannot remember the last time I needed attitude in person (mates I have known for decades are still to see my temper) and when this mob didn't do the job, I had 2 hours sleep that night, a bomb could have gone off and I wouldn't have cared.

So suspect I am dealing with a troubled individual so I am happy for the warning and will find someone else to do the tank and the thousands of dollars of work to the boat over the next 5 years.

cheers good to mull it over.

fnq

cheerrs fnq

frank100
31-03-2007, 10:26 PM
FNQ,
Sorry to hear about your trouble, seems a very "troubled individual". Let me know who this mob is so that I can avoid them as well.

Frank

Splash
01-04-2007, 01:52 AM
HeY FNQ,

As u know I now frequent Cairns alot.

I'll SMELL out who did it and drill out his teeth!

Splash

FNQCairns
01-04-2007, 01:33 PM
Thanks splash, not nessesary, not sure if he has teeth, have not seen him smile might have been already done:)

After a nights sleep suspect cause no1 is he or one of his apprentices/workers while in the workshop used the side gunnel strip of the boat to steady a piece of alum for drilling and drilled it like a novice, the design of the marks make that work, slack but scat happens!

Would have been nice to be informed if that was the case but also human not be informed.

Frank will PM the place and the upshot when/if I find out.

My 3yo daughter woke up not feeling real well this morning, gained a bit of persective.

cheers fnq