PDA

View Full Version : silverbarra

Bruce Walker
30-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Hi to all you keen fishos around this great country of ours.

Being a new member I thought I better introduce myself.
I live in the Darwin area where fishing is a religion for most people.
I moved here nearly 10 years ago after first fishing in the Liverpool River in 1996 with a guide called Russell Kenny. From that moment on, I was hooked on Barra fishing. I just wish I had moved to the NT a lot earlier.
My current boat is a customised 5 metre Quintrex Topender (a great boat) with a Yamaha 100hp 4 stroke donk. I regularly travel up to 120 km on a fishing trip and use about 50 litres of fuel.
I love lure casting and fly fishing. I'm not to keen on live baiting now, although I used to resort to it when nothing else worked.

Gotta go now, I hear those Barra boofin'.
Cheers,
Bruce W.

Synful
31-03-2007, 07:46 AM
Welcome to the site Bruce!!!

Look forward to seeing big Barra pictures as well as heaps of other species; gonna go off an feel very jealous for the next few hours wishing i was living in NT ;)

Bruce Walker
01-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the welcome Andrew. I hope to get some pictures together in the near future for people like yourself to drool over. Most of my pictures were taken on film but I'm now using a digital. I'm going to scan my developed photos so I can put them with my digital images.
I understand the Barra fishing is quite good in your area also, or so I'm told by three of the guys I work with, they all come from the Cairns area. I work at the McArthur River Mine in the Gulf of Carpentaria, week on, week off. I'm currently at work on night shift.

Hope to have a chat soon,
Bruce.

Synful
02-04-2007, 07:25 AM
I understand the Barra fishing is quite good in your area also, or so I'm told by three of the guys I work with, they all come from the Cairns area.

Morning Bruce,

I've been living in Cairns now for coming up to 2 years and still yet to get my first legal Barra :(
Being land based probably has a lot to do with it, however I'm getting a boat in the next few months so that should improve my results no end;)

Tight lines....