PDA

View Full Version : Ob New Member Post

Jabiru658
30-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Hi All :)

Nice web site here. Have been lurking for a while and finally decided to introduce myself.

Sold my 12foot Savage tinny a while back and I am currently looking around for something a little larger to replace it with.

At the moment I'm currently leaning towards a 4.2 to 4.5 metre tinny with a 30 or 40 2 smoke on the back (new or maybe almost new with some options fitted).

I live in central victoria and usage will be mixed. Sometimes up to the murray river, sometimes smaller rivers, sometimes down to Port Phillip Bay on nice calm days, Westernport over christmas holidays (we normally take the caravan down to Phillip Island for 4 weeks). Mostly it would just be me (or me and the lad of 14), can't see anyone else in the family being interested so a basic fishing boat is on the agenda.

Have considered centre console (but I don't like standing to steer), and forward control runabout (maybe but it would have to be 2nd hand to fit into my budget). Also considered an older fibreglass runabout or half cabin, but am a bit worried I might get stuck with a money pit.

Ohwell... will find something eventually ;D

Durnick
23-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Welcome, its a great site, some very nice folk and very helpful as well. I also lurked a while before posting for the first time!

Tassie JR
24-04-2007, 09:15 PM
welcome to ausfish your second home your boat choice sounds good

cheers tassie JR

Ryan.S
24-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Welcome. Dont rush in mate. Its your boat and you gotta be happy with it.
Ryno