PDA

View Full Version : Arrawarra Mackerel and Tuna

murf
30-03-2007, 07:44 PM
:) Did a morning run out of Arrawarra for an assault on the spotted mackerel. We were anchored after a five minute run out of the bay when the Southerly hit with up to 22 knots but the fishy conditions were right so we battled on. It was a very hectic two hours as every slimy mackerel we could catch was a guaranteed hit. :)

First run was only after a couple of minutes with a yakka as live bait but after a short strong tussle I pulled the hooks.:(

Then the slimies started coming on board and all hell broke loose as every one we dropped in the drink was quickly slammed by a spotty, Phil was quickly initiated into the hungry quick runs that the spotted mackerel give.;D He also had fun learning how to gaff :)

We managed to get one Yellow Fin at 12.5kg and four spotties all above 5kg (on the AF lie detector scales) in two hours before leaving them on the bight, Phil had an appointment to go the footy up in Brisvagas.::)

A great mornings fishing and home in time for bacon and eggs breakfast:P

Cheers Murf

mono
31-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Nice fish there Murf, BUT, you are wearing the wrong gernsey. It should be red and green mate, red and green!!
Cheers
Mono

jtpython
01-04-2007, 08:07 AM
They are some bloodly good sized spotties there Murf
Grates mate ;D

kingtin
01-04-2007, 08:29 AM
Lovely spotties!.............never seen 'em that fat:o

kev

Frank OO
01-04-2007, 08:38 AM
Hi Murf,

Great Tuna. Better Sushimi.

Frank OO

murf
01-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the comments folks

Mono I am an ex Newcastle boy and I still wear the winning gernsey:) for my fishing jumper x 2

Kev the spotties are still on the small side for down here, for 15 years I had not caught a spotty under 5.5kg but the last three years we have been getting them down to 3.5/4kg mark???? Usually around the 6.5/8kg average. I guess you fishos up North are letting a few more come down here;)

Gave the spotties another go today for the Woopi comp but that bloody Southerly came up again and turned the deckie green:-[ Christened the boat she did, first one sick in the Good SPOT, thanks Larn ;D

had four hits but two took the swivel:( and no hook up on the others

Cheers Murf