PDA

View Full Version : More advice please!

JoeQ
30-03-2007, 05:52 PM
I was wondering if anyone know of any decent fishing clubs in or around the outer Western Suburbs of Sydney?

I have my own boat but very seldom get to go out, unless it's by myself.

Would appreciate any leads.

Thanks for reading. Joeq

:-/

sleepygreg
31-03-2007, 01:23 AM
Joeq,

Can you be a little more specific about where you are.....by outer west do you mean penrith way or campbelltown way......as i have heard of both these areas called outer west. Tell me where and i will tell you what clubs are there - as they are both my old stomping grounds.

Greg

JoeQ
31-03-2007, 02:18 AM
Joeq,

Can you be a little more specific about where you are.....by outer west do you mean penrith way or campbelltown way......as i have heard of both these areas called outer west. Tell me where and i will tell you what clubs are there - as they are both my old stomping grounds.

Greg
thank for reading this i am in penrith
thank joeq

gunna
31-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Penrith Leagues and Penrith RSL both have good fishing clubs. From memory - so does the St Mary's RSL.

JoeQ
31-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Penrith Leagues and Penrith RSL both have good fishing clubs. From memory - so does the St Mary's RSL.

Thanks for that, i heard about some of those but also heard that they ar more like a charter service, do you know if that is correct.

I don't go out unless it is by myself and was hoping to find like minded souls who were interested in going out more for the fishing.

Thanks again...I will ring and ask them about their clubs.

shaman
31-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Try the Peachtree Pub on C'reigh Rd Penrith. They Used to have a great club that had heaos of trips and comps and a great bunch of blokes. Not sure about nowadays but it's worth a look-see...........................

ffejsmada
31-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Joe, sent you a PM.

JoeQ
31-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Try the Peachtree Pub on C'reigh Rd Penrith. They Used to have a great club that had heaos of trips and comps and a great bunch of blokes. Not sure about nowadays but it's worth a look-see...........................

thank for the info i will give them a ring tomorrow

thank mate cheers

JoeQ
01-04-2007, 02:58 PM

Thanks for the heads up about the Peachtree, I rang this morning and got the details. They meet Friday nights, so will get the info then.

Thanks again, only live 5 mins away from there so nice and handy.

Thanks again for the info

Joeq

shaman
01-04-2007, 03:27 PM
That's cool, we used to go there friday nights for the seafood raffles and cardmachines, always come away with a tray of something and about $60 up on the cardies. Used to have a great night, blind, late & mrs happy with a tray of prawns or whatever...................... those days were sweeeet maaaate.
BTW my present father in law was the treasurer of the Fisho's club and I didn't know him that well but ended up marrying his beautiful daughter. He lives in qld now but is probably still well remembered in those parts, Dennis Dunn is his name. I went on a few fishing comps with the club and if it's anything like it was back then (15 yrs ago) ......................I only hope you "LIKE" a drink.......................... Good luck and tight lines matey.

JoeQ
01-04-2007, 04:15 PM
That's cool, we used to go there friday nights for the seafood raffles and cardmachines, always come away with a tray of something and about $60 up on the cardies. Used to have a great night, blind, late & mrs happy with a tray of prawns or whatever...................... those days were sweeeet maaaate.
BTW my present father in law was the treasurer of the Fisho's club and I didn't know him that well but ended up marrying his beautiful daughter. He lives in qld now but is probably still well remembered in those parts, Dennis Dunn is his name. I went on a few fishing comps with the club and if it's anything like it was back then (15 yrs ago) ......................I only hope you "LIKE" a drink.......................... Good luck and tight lines matey.

thanks cheers

joeq