PDA

View Full Version : Misrepresentation at the Tackle & Tinnie Show

charleville
30-03-2007, 03:08 PM
I have often admitted on this website that I am a literalist - that is, a person who takes things very literally - such as when I go to the doctor and she tells me to strip to the waist, I take off my trousers. ;D

But I will be blowed if I can see where the salesmen are hiding in that boat that I saw the sign on at the T & T show this morning as shown in the picture below. ;D ;D ;D

I feel that they have misrepresented the true situation in relation to those salesmen. ;D

On a more serious note, I only really go to the boating shows to hear the presentations. I listened to Nugget's on Jew fishing and Jason Comino's on floatlining today and they were both superb. Well done fellas! Very well done! :)

The only thing is that I was going to put up a report on Ausfish about my outing to Mud Island yesterday but having seen those pictures of fish caught by Jason Comino, I am too embarrassed to do so. :-[

Terrific presentations - so much to learn from these blokes. :)

Marlin_Mike
30-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Charlie.i went and had a look around today as well.

The speeches as always first class.

Boat displays were nice. 4WD stuff was good.

As far as the tackle side of the show????????????????/ Almost non existent in my eyes.very very disappointing. A couple of the tackle stands had cheap stuff...and i aint talking about the prices being cheap.

Still a couple of hours walking around dreaming of which big boat i wanted :)

Mike

JEWIENEWIE
30-03-2007, 03:16 PM
oops...............

JEWIENEWIE
30-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Bloody hell chareville! your a funny bastard!;D ;D
Jewie

Mattg68
30-03-2007, 04:22 PM
well charleville the sign did say PLEASE. maybe you weren't expressing enough pleasure to 'see' ::) the salesmen.

Matt

charleville
30-03-2007, 04:32 PM
As far as the tackle side of the show????????????????/ Almost non existent in my eyes.very very disappointing. A couple of the tackle stands had cheap stuff...and i aint talking about the prices being cheap.

Yeah - not much tackle there. The usual el cheapo bunch positioned in the same spot behind the Stabicraft display were there and if last year's experience is anything to go by, they will probably drop their prices by heaps after lunch time on Sunday so that they don't have to cart the stuff home again.

I bought a Chinese manufactured bait-runner style reel from them last year. It was cheap and performed very well for the month that it worked. I ended up dumping it in the bin after it failed and buying a proper Shimano bait-runner. So I cannot really recommend their stuff. :(

i was surprised at the paucity of tackle also.

Will probably go back for a second look on Sunday morning to hear Webby's presentation.:)

dogsbody
30-03-2007, 05:21 PM
You idiot Charlie ;D did you ever think to look under the floor? No you didn't did you.

Dave.

kingtin
30-03-2007, 05:39 PM
You idiot Charlie ;D did you ever think to look under the floor? No you didn't did you.

Dave.

You idiot dogsbody ;D It says "salesmen" not "salesman" how could they get two under the floor, unless of course they were "height challenged" individuals..........oh bugger the political correctness!.............dwarfs.;D

kev

dogsbody
30-03-2007, 07:00 PM
You idiot dogsbody ;D It says "salesmen" not "salesman" how could they get two under the floor, unless of course they were "height challenged" individuals..........oh bugger the political correctness!.............dwarfs.;D

kev

Excuse me "vertically challenged" thank you. ;D

kingtin
30-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Excuse me "vertically challenged" thank you. ;D

Okey dokey, this horizontally challenged individual stands corrected ;D

kev the fat bastard ;D

longtail
30-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Okey dokey, this horizontally challenged individual stands corrected ;D

kev the fat bastard ;D

err ..... Kev , need some balast for the Whitley ;) ;D

Jason.

ps- i'll even bring my anka-yanka ;) 8-)

BilgeBoy
30-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Good one Charlie ;D;D;D

I picked up a Drop shot and Symetre today from one of the bigger stands. Had to work hard but ended up getting my price. Had a chat with the crew from Engrell Rods.....how good are they!!! I agree with Mike....Not a lot of tackle there and what was there looked to be priced high or normal!!!

Solas did me a deal on a New Prop...thanks guys....Oh and I won a yellow bucket by answering a question correctly at the Government stand.

I RESTRAINED this year from buying a Kevlacat for $130K and a new pontoon at the new Horizon Shores development $120K. WOW :o

Until the next show Then.

BilgeBoy

Hardb8
30-03-2007, 08:36 PM
I'd have to agree with Marlin Mike in regards to the lack of tackle.A more appropriate name would be :- The Tinny Show.

If it were my first visit to this show I would expect to see dedicated stands from the likes of Shimano,Daiwa,Loomis,Millerods,Egrell,Strudwick etc.etc.Showcasing their latest and greatest innovations,And providing demonstrations.

But theres nothing ya can't get from a trip to ya local tackle wise.I think it's a bit missleading myself.

The highlight of my day was watering the 4x4 track,Then getting to see the first guy on it,Flip,And tear his rear wheel completely off!His big Baja Claw come rolling into the fence right in front of me.8-) .Who knows what'll happen tommorrow?::)

PinHead
30-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Good one Charlie ;D;D;D

I picked up a Drop shot and Symetre today from one of the bigger stands. Had to work hard but ended up getting my price. Had a chat with the crew from Engrell Rods.....how good are they!!! I agree with Mike....Not a lot of tackle there and what was there looked to be priced high or normal!!!

Solas did me a deal on a New Prop...thanks guys....Oh and I won a yellow bucket by answering a question correctly at the Government stand.

I RESTRAINED this year from buying a Kevlacat for $130K and a new pontoon at the new Horizon Shores development $120K. WOW :o

Until the next show Then.

BilgeBoy

you could have saved 5k on that ..normally 125k

kingtin
31-03-2007, 07:39 AM
err ..... Kev , need some balast for the Whitley ;) ;D

Jason.

ps- i'll even bring my anka-yanka ;) 8-)

I need something for it mate, it's forgotten what water looks like...........roll on winter and some flatter water.

kev

lock
31-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Not long got back from there, alot of nice boats and alot of dreaming but bugger all tackle but the 4wd show was spot on . Especialy the waeco fridges stand;)

Nice one charleville;D

PinHead
01-04-2007, 01:38 PM
I could not believe the prices for some of the boats...saw a 6.5m plate boat..they were asking 91k for it.

charleville
01-04-2007, 02:19 PM
I could not believe the prices for some of the boats...saw a 6.5m plate boat..they were asking 91k for it.

There were some "interesting" prices. I was amused by the cost of these very basic fish cleaning tables.

charleville
01-04-2007, 02:43 PM
...and for another silly sign at the boatshow ...;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[Well done to Webby for hs presentation on Moreton bay fishing this morning! It was great as always!

Also it was great to say G'day to Pinhead aand the Chief and his son Garrett :) ]

longtail
01-04-2007, 06:01 PM
I was very surprised at the standard of workmanship on a couple of alloy boats that i saw. eg Makocraft with some of the worst welds i have ever seen along the gunnel , dags all over the place , gaps in the runs etc:o

apart from catching webbys talk this morning i only went to have a close look at a polycraft 599 frontier , instead i could only find 1 open boat and 1 centre console>:(

on the upside i discovered the yaltacraft 555 is actually about 4 grand cheaper than the poly;) and the wife (read as boss) is very interested in the yalta;) ;D

now i gotta sell my rig 8-)

Jason.

Mrs Ronnie H
01-04-2007, 06:49 PM
GOOD ONE?????????? Nothing like abit of humour sometimes.
Funny that reminds me of some of the boating places you go.

Salesmen--- what salesmen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ronnie

snappa
01-04-2007, 07:38 PM
same sh%t different year....lol

Cheech
01-04-2007, 07:48 PM
I agree... the prices of new boats seems to be out of control. Was there with a friend who is in the market for a new glass 5.75m. Last year the cruise craft was around 50k. Today the same boat with the same motor is 70k.

I was really happy that there were quite a lot of glass boats there. Am in the process of doing up an old hull so got a few good ideas.

Cheech

dogsbody
01-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Webby's talk was good got me to rethink a few things to improve the catch rate.
If i can double my catch rate i'll be bringing 2 fish home. ;D ;D

Dave.