PDA

View Full Version : Different trolling motor idea.

FNQCairns
28-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Well actually it's going to be a safety engine but it will also get used for trolling I suspect.
I have 2 brand new binnacle mount 704 yamaha controls one is for twin engine setup and the other is a single engine setup.

As I will be heading into some fairly remote areas and a fair way offshore at times hopefully I will be adding a second engine to the tinny probably 15hp, I was thinking of using the twin controls and hooking the second throttle/gear lever up to the little engine, has anyone done this or something like it and was happy for it or just a waste of bother/time/money?

cheers fnq

blaze
28-03-2007, 02:56 PM
Often done down south here NQ, they also join the 2 engines together so steering is from from the helm.
cheers
blaze

FNQCairns
28-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Ok thanks Blaze, in the past I used to just set and try to forget the little engine straight ahead and use the main engine as the rudder that works OK but a linkage would be better.
Do you know if they connect the linkage just before use or is it permanent.

cheers fnq

blaze
28-03-2007, 04:36 PM
most are permantly hooked up, there is one guy down here with electric start, tilt trim auxilly outboard and his setup is just so sweet. The whole job done while sitting at the helm. Seen it being setup and was a bit of mucking around to get it all to work at any trim/tilt postion on either motor.
cheers
blaze

FNQCairns
28-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Cheers Blaze, Sounds good will keep the idea as an option for later, will go with the dual controls, if anyone wants a brand new 704 single binnacle (sexy sport looking one) for 2/3 counter price drop me a PM.

cheers fnq