PDA

View Full Version : The Decision which one to buy

BoatsandMore
26-03-2007, 09:41 AM
Hi there
I have been reading the posts on here for quite some time now and am about to make the decision on which boat to buy. 3 are on my list. 1 Polycraft 4.55 centre console. 2 Blue Fin Wildcat and 3 Blue Fin Baracuda.
I'am tending more to the Barracuda mainly for the fact it has a full transom and pod. Fishing will mainly be on Wallis Lake Foster, Manning River and Occasionally when conditions are right a run out of Crowdy Head for close offshore.
I like the polycraft mainly for ease of maintenance but find it is limited with storage and has no engine splash well. I know all these boats you get wet in but that does not worry me. My biggest concern is electrolysis I would appreciate any tips on keeping it away from my boat. If i go the wildcat or polycraft it will be new, the barra will be near new. I have read the polycraft forum and experiences there. does anyone have knowledge on the wildcat or barra
thanks in advance

Noelm
26-03-2007, 10:10 AM
the biggest drawback with the polycraft that I see ( and this is only my opinion, as every owner will want to kill me now) is that they always look 'second hand" kind of 'rippely" or something, never kind of shiny and straight, always a 'tupperware" finnish, and of course there are much harder to add bits and pieces to (not impossible mind you) but not as easy as Alloy say!

NAGG
26-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Hi there
I have been reading the posts on here for quite some time now and am about to make the decision on which boat to buy. 3 are on my list. 1 Polycraft 4.55 centre console. 2 Blue Fin Wildcat and 3 Blue Fin Baracuda.
I'am tending more to the Barracuda mainly for the fact it has a full transom and pod. Fishing will mainly be on Wallis Lake Foster, Manning River and Occasionally when conditions are right a run out of Crowdy Head for close offshore.
I like the polycraft mainly for ease of maintenance but find it is limited with storage and has no engine splash well. I know all these boats you get wet in but that does not worry me. My biggest concern is electrolysis I would appreciate any tips on keeping it away from my boat. If i go the wildcat or polycraft it will be new, the barra will be near new. I have read the polycraft forum and experiences there. does anyone have knowledge on the wildcat or barra
thanks in advance
Barracuda would be a good choice ( I was put off by the lack of pod / well on the Wildcat) ..... Its also a little bigger 8-) They make a nice boat (bluefin) ..... Came very close to buying one , but decided I didn't need a vee hull & went a Hornet ...... NAGG