PDA

View Full Version : No Shame, some People.

Chezzy13
25-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Some people I tell you >:( Had my pot out yesterday and a group of late teenager lads walked past, they were cast netting, and one of the lads decided to pull my net in, Grrrrr I sat back for a bit, I could see his arms going pulling, then was going to yell out..He stopped, stood there and then moved away, wether he saw it was empty because it was, what right do the think they have touching other people pots, its just wrong..>:( I brought it in after that and packed it away for the afternoon, just incase they came back, already had one pinched, makes you so angry..

lock
25-03-2007, 05:06 PM
There seems to be bit of that going around.

BilgeBoy
25-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Unfortunately Chezzy

LOW BROW SCUM FERALS are everywhere these days!! especially the crab pot thieving kind. here is an idea

What about a pressure sensitive alarm that attaches to the Pot. When it is out of water you have 5 seconds to enter a combo....if it ain't the correct number....Hold ya ears folks...its show time!! I would buy one for each of my pots!!!! Surely someone here has a connection that could have such a device lovingly made a gun point somewhere in the world!!

Take my idea...enough is enough!!

BilgeBoy

Chezzy13
25-03-2007, 07:43 PM
I know how ya feeling there, it is low..And I just could not believe him pulling it in like he was. he Must of done ithis before I'd say..I have left pots that have been 5 minute drive away, then about another 5 minute walk to it, hoping against all hope it still will be there, in that case it was..But I had one pinced right under my nose, obviously they cased it, I'd say..>:(..
Mongrols..

PinHead
25-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Unfortunately Chezzy

LOW BROW SCUM FERALS are everywhere these days!! especially the crab pot thieving kind. here is an idea

What about a pressure sensitive alarm that attaches to the Pot. When it is out of water you have 5 seconds to enter a combo....if it ain't the correct number....Hold ya ears folks...its show time!! I would buy one for each of my pots!!!! Surely someone here has a connection that could have such a device lovingly made a gun point somewhere in the world!!

Take my idea...enough is enough!!

BilgeBoy

a big block of phosphorous..it self ignites when taken out of water, but I would never really suggest that. (just covering my butt)

Barraless
25-03-2007, 08:01 PM
Chezzy13

I don't know how you remained so composed!!!!!!!!!!!

Dory4.1
25-03-2007, 09:20 PM
If they act like that with you there, just imagine what they would do if nobody was on the look out! I wonder what there reaction would be if someone did the same to their pots!

Chezzy13
26-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Chezzy13

I don't know how you remained so composed!!!!!!!!!!!

I was tempted, I was going to say Hey, what do you think your doing but 3 fellas and me..:o:o I might not of faired up lol..;D
Iv left it out now, needs a good wash anyhow.:)

niz90
26-03-2007, 11:32 AM
I was talking to a professional crabber who said he looses over 200 commercial pots a year. Thatrs not gonna be cheap to replace.

Chezzy13
26-03-2007, 11:50 AM
I was talking to a professional crabber who said he looses over 200 commercial pots a year. Thatrs not gonna be cheap to replace.

Isnt that just disgusting >:(. The nerve of some people. I always say what goes around comes around.

timddo
26-03-2007, 11:50 AM
hmm, i saw a few crab pots at whyte island ramp, Apprently some boater pulled them out of the river and left them there. No names on the pots.
When i got my boat license the instructor pulled up a pot with no names and left it at the ramp???...

Tangles
26-03-2007, 07:07 PM
cant understand why touch other peoples gear whatever it is, i remember when you could leave your car unlocked but that was in another age

cheers
Mike

Eagle
26-03-2007, 09:34 PM
I was at Lake Maraboon 3 years ago. I left our 10 pots in (5 for me, 5 for my wife) overnite and some feral scumbag raided them all and tossed them in a diferent spot. I had left them in a desolate place and could only find them with the GPS but this scum had found them. Now I camp out close to my pots and if any scum pinch any 'claw or crabs, I wont hestiate to place a group of nice .270 dia holes in his outboard. I had my boat and car tampered with at Maraboon and it almost cost me my beloved wife. It wont happen again!
Eagle

novice23
27-03-2007, 12:57 AM
It is a massive problem. A few weeks ago i had 5 pots in near mud island and left them to fish only about 500m away. I had my back to them whilst flicking plasitics and soaking baits. An hour or so later on turning around to check them i see a boat smack bang in the middle of my pots. I up anchor and head over to check them- he sits tight and pretends to fish... I check 2 pots- empty- bait gone. I head towards where i set the others- he fires his boat up and leaves like a bat outta hell. The other pots are nowhere near where i left them- bait hooks have been unhooked and removed from pots. I rebaited them and watched them like a hawk for an hour- pulled up 9 great sandies- made me forget about it a little.

We all have similar stories, however in fairness - i have driven past pots that have been set on a rising tide with nowhere near enough rope- and when i've gone past the floats have been a foot under water and then later that day listened to some bloke bitch and winge at the ramp about crab pot theft and how his pots have gone missing.

Equally, people don't think about where they put their pots. The amount of people who set their pots in the middle of a channel is unbelievable. Perhaps it is these pots that end up sitting at the boat ramp.

SgBFish
27-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Radioactive stickers or Biohazard stickers with skull and crossbones.
When I was in the isotope game those stickers were the greatest anti-theft device. Put them on a container and it was safe.

Dirtysanchez
27-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Bilgeboy, technically it would be do-able to make your device, but there are some issues, such as waterproof speakers capable of emitting a decent enough sound level to attract attention. You wouldn't want it to deafen the mongrels, even though they are doing the wrong thing you could get into trouble, so even if it was loud enough for people to start looking their way, it would be good.

Hmmm, I'll talk to some engineer mates of mine !! :)

1975fflh
27-03-2007, 04:07 PM
where do you buy phosforus