PDA

View Full Version : 1770,anges water

andrew&lucy
25-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Went away for weekend left friday morning went straight out to reefs about 12pm fri, for a overnight trip.Conditions fri 25/20 s/e backed off to 15/20s/e caught trouts and r/throuts,anchored at night for a sleep at fiztroy wind blew 20/30 e, at night.Awoke about 5am wind 15/20 e, had coffee, went back out caught more trout and lippers motor back into port at 1.30pm saturday.Fuel used for trip about 170lts.

coljac
25-03-2007, 05:58 PM
I am going up to Turkey Beach Friday and am interested what size boat/motor you were in considering fuel usage. Also what is the trip like with the 20 Kn SE wind blowing.

Cheers

Any_Weather
25-03-2007, 06:56 PM
Andrew, mate it sounds like a tough trip with 20+ the whole time. Hope the fish were worth it. No doubt they were nice fish (again). Half your luck mate. Did you take Darren?? Will catch you in the morning.

Lee

Mr__Bean
26-03-2007, 03:55 AM
A&L,

A couple of questions if I may......

Did you fish the inner side of the reefs or the outer?

Also, where there other boats in at Fitzroy for the night?

I have only been there once and the wind blew up whilst we were out there, we ended up coming home in the dark which wasn't all that comfortable.

- Darren

andrew&lucy
27-03-2007, 05:30 AM
I am going up to Turkey Beach Friday and am interested what size boat/motor you were in considering fuel usage. Also what is the trip like with the 20 Kn SE wind blowing.

Cheers
dear coljac have fished out of turkey any times before, boat size is 6.8mts hanies with 225hp, trip heading out ok from anges only trip heading home to anges its better to head to bustard end, then run along the beach back.as for turkey, trip out bumpe but trip home a little better. this is only my opinion because every has different boats and setups

andrew&lucy
27-03-2007, 05:34 AM
A&L,

A couple of questions if I may......

Did you fish the inner side of the reefs or the outer?

Also, where there other boats in at Fitzroy for the night?

I have only been there once and the wind blew up whilst we were out there, we ended up coming home in the dark which wasn't all that comfortable.

- Darren
dear darren fish outer for about 30min before wind came up, them fished inner parts, as for other boats only a 40ft dive boat forget to say did about 150kms

Frank OO
27-03-2007, 02:15 PM
We went out 1770 Friday -Sunday,

They must have been the worst conditions.

Should have stayed home.

I will put up a small post to show some photos.

Frank OO