PDA

View Full Version : Nudgee Pontoon

2iar
25-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Hi All,

Went out last week with Fishin' Dan from Nudgee, only to find the pontoon was closed - no real dramas as it was lowish at our in and out times, but does anyone know why it's closed, and how long it's going to be that way?

Thanks,
Mike

25_ponies
25-03-2007, 05:32 PM
As of yesterday the middle section of the pontoon (first floating piece) was gone completely, leaving the last section still there but inaccessible out in the floodway.

Dunno what happened to it, or if it's gone away for repair or replacement. Hope they fix it soon though, as that side of the ramp is virtually useless for larger craft without it.

bluefin59
25-03-2007, 07:28 PM
The middle section was not there last weekend is it a council boat ramp or are they managed by the state government i will try and ring the b.c.c tomorow to find some info .....;) ;)

Hoodie
26-03-2007, 05:53 AM
the amount of mozies out there i think thay may have carried it away

Fish Guts
26-03-2007, 06:31 AM
the amount of mozies out there i think thay may have carried it away

too true !

Dirtysanchez
26-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Probably been vandalised.. get some A class people out there late at night, I bet one of them was cold so he decided to llight a fire or something stupid.

Ever noticed the amount of broken window glass in the carpark on a Sunday morning ? nothing unusual at most public ramps nowdays though

I hope they fix it soon, its a good pontoon for that ramp !!

marty+jojo
26-03-2007, 03:58 PM
i'm with Dirtysanchez, it is a very dodgy place to leave your car/trailor for the night. I went there early one sunday morning and saw a car with 4 flat tyres and 2 flat trailor tyres, and they didn't just let them down.... they had been slashed........ASSH*LES.
Marty.

Dirtysanchez
26-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Yep, I rode down early one Sunday morning on my motorbike just to see if anyone was coming in with a decent catch from an overnighter and to be honest I was not keen on even riding into the carpark area for fear of puncturing one of my tyres, I only live at Boondall but it would have been an hour walk home!

It's a pity, it could be a really good place if it wasn't for the w@nkers.

bluefin59
26-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Well everybody i phoned the b.c.c about the pontoon this morning after being shuffled between 3 council employees it turns out it needs some hinges welded back on and a few structual repairs it will apparently take 6-8 weeks to repair i guess that is good for the council nothing like getting the job done for the rate payers i guess.. Suppose i will have to plan my trips around the tides so we dont end up on the rocks at low tide, what can we do to speed things up easter break is going to be a farce there hopefully we get some decent weather so i can go up or down the coast for a change ........:o :o :o :o

Sniper
26-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Used to live at Nudgee a few years ago. The whole place has gone to the dogs. Wouldn't leave anything out of my sight there any more. Unfortunaltey the low life scum has moved in. Used to love riding down to the canal on me pushy when I was young and walking across the paddock for a fish. Never caught much but just being out there was great. Now, I'd be stressing out if the pushy would still be there, or now my car. But, apparentley thats just life now. Not my idea of life!!!
Billyboy

2iar
26-03-2007, 08:02 PM
Well everybody i phoned the b.c.c about the pontoon this morning after being shuffled between 3 council employees it turns out it needs some hinges welded back on and a few structual repairs it will apparently take 6-8 weeks to repair i guess that is good for the council nothing like getting the job done for the rate payers i guess.. Suppose i will have to plan my trips around the tides so we dont end up on the rocks at low tide, what can we do to speed things up easter break is going to be a farce there hopefully we get some decent weather so i can go up or down the coast for a change ........:o :o :o :o

Thanks for doing that mate. I reckon 6-8 weeks is probably an estimate and in reality will take longer...

I was thinking of joining the VMR up at Sandgate - anyone know what the ramp's like there and the access in & out of the bay? I see they've got a swish new pontoon, but the ramp seemed a bit ordinary. What's the trailer parking like? What are the public ramps next door like?

Thanks,
Mike