PDA

View Full Version : Rod Labeling

stevos
25-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Hi Guys,

I have just finished the bindings on my NV-7 and thought I would put up a pic for the hell of it. Nothing fancy but Im happy.

Anyway I have been thinking of getting a small label printed to stick just above the forward grip but am a bit stumped as to where I can get it made - any suggestions?

All I want is a small label with a few words and a little pic I have yet to draw up - maybe 10-15mm high x 50mm wide? Thought about running it through the laser printer at work but know the colour wont last long at all.

Does anyone currently do this to their custom rods?

Cheers,

Steve

stevos
25-03-2007, 12:00 PM
So here is a shot of one of the bindings - not easy to get a good shot close up.

finga
26-03-2007, 06:59 AM
Excellent. I hope I'll be able to do them that nice.

rayken1938
26-03-2007, 07:24 AM
give Wellington Point Marine 32072235 a ring he does computer design to whatever you wish . Prices are very reasonable and very professional finish.
Ray

wheezer
26-03-2007, 01:53 PM
best to get a waterslide decal made, apply to blank then coat with epoxy. punch it into google and see what comes up?

sid_fishes
26-03-2007, 07:08 PM
can i ask why a waterslide decal is better?

rayken1938
26-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Give wello point marine a ring he does them all he needs is your design and the diameter of your rod where the decal is to go they are brilliant.
Ray

stevos
27-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Will give Wello point a call tomorrow cheers.

Anyone got any other sources where I can check prices etc?

Cheers,

Steve

dogsbody
27-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Here's a pic of one of mine. I'm a screenprinter so i got to do these for nics with my old boss. A screenprinter would be to expensive to do only a couple of them, to much manual labor involved if you were doing a couple hundred yeah no probs.

Dave.

netfish
30-03-2007, 11:08 AM
Why not print it yourself. Make up your design in your "PAINT" program, print onto plastic . Cut it out and stick it on using whichever glue you like. This is on your computer of course.
Don't forget to put laquer on it

stevos
30-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Netfish, I though the vary same thing but am unsure of how UV stable the ink will be. I have access to a high quality colour laser printer which can print onto a plasticish sheet.

I intend to use binding epoxy over the label to keep it there and give a nice smooth finish. I am using Flexcoat which i believe is UV stabalised - will this work?

Cheers,

Steve

roz
01-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Hi Stevos,

Nice work on your bindings, I know you will get a lot of satisfaction from fishing with your NV7.

Flex coat would be UV stable, however I don't know if it will protect non fade resistant colours in the decal it covers.

With some binding threads a colour preserver needs to be used before applying resin/epoxy, I can't see why a decal that is not fade proof would be any different.... just a thought, would pay to check further Stevos.

good luck with it

roz.