PDA

View Full Version : Popular tinny manuf voluntary liquidation?

FNQCairns
24-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Rumour from another well known site, hope I am not promoting bulldust:-[ can anyone confirm? Also if anyone is about to place an order with their hard earned, it might be prudent to do a bit of research, the little fella will be last on the payback list.

Been here before as a consumer (not boating) still gives me butterflies just thinking about it.

cheers fnq

dicko1980
24-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Which site?

FNQCairns
24-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Dicko, Sportfish.

cheers fnq

peterbo3
24-03-2007, 09:04 PM
FNQ,
Where on sportfish please? Had a quick look but could find anything.

Greg P
24-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Peter - Supposedly Trailcraft but will have to wait and see.

Cheers

Greg

FNQCairns
24-03-2007, 09:08 PM
gfhjetjktykey

FNQCairns
24-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Yeah that's the one.

timddo
27-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Seems like it's false

Oldsalt
27-03-2007, 11:36 AM
I just read a reply to that post on the other site. It was from Andrew Murphy the national sales manager from Trailcraft denying the rumour and threatening legal action against the guy who posted it originally.

sea raider
27-03-2007, 12:36 PM
This is the reply from the guy at Trailcraft, seems like its all crap (about the liquidation that is)

Hi All,

Andrew Murphy here, I am the National Sales manager for Trailcraft Boats in Australia and New Zealand.

I would love to be talking to you in a more positive note however the statements made by "Pedeben" on this forum dictate otherwise.

The value of forums like this to the boating and fishing networks is fantastic and to see information put into the public forum with no qualification whatsoever is absolutely disheartening.

Trailcraft Australia employs over 120 hard working Australians in the manufacture of Plate Alloy Boats and Trailcraft Caravans. We have a proud tradition of manufacturing in Henderson WA.

We are the largest manufacturer of plate alloy boats in Australia, (and the world to our knowledge) and we support locally a dealer network of 30 dealers across Australia.

The allegations made are 100% false and it infuriates me that someone seeking genuine fedback from a group of thier peers would be subjected to this type of crap! (excuse the language).

There is much about this post that doesn't ring true including the purchase price of the boat.. If you did buy it at that price then congratulations its a fantastic deal that is unlikely to be repeated anywhere else in australia. Its just that good a deal that its almost impossible to believe...

This type of slander is damaging and concerning to many people, including our staff and thier families,our dealers and the thousands of trailcraft owners in Australia, new zealand,New caledonia, canada etc..

We often view these forums, and take the good with the bad, but chose to not get involved as the intention of the forums is to provide a source of genuine input from a wide variety of people. As noted it upsets me that people use this media to spout unqualified garbage.

I will be contacting "pedeben" directly to discuss these comments and the potential legal ramifications.

I honestly hope you get some creditable feedback to help you in your decision process, I love the boats but I am Bias...I just crossed Bass straight in one in fact...770 nautical miles...10 days.. more information coming soon.

Good luck in choosing a boat, and i hope to see the warranty card registration come through.

My e-mail address is listed should anyone wish to cntact me directly.

All the best

Andrew

nigelr
27-03-2007, 04:09 PM
It seems Andrew is definitely 'not happy'!
Good on him for being concerned for his staff!
Cheers.

seatime
27-03-2007, 04:56 PM
rumours can be very damaging, jobs lost, finances ruined.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=104491&highlight=bluewater+boats
Blue Water Alloy Boats, for example are advertising in April's QFM.

Sea-Dog
27-03-2007, 06:41 PM
Isn't that the usual 3 stage thing with companies going under though?

Stage 1./ Rumours circulate that the company is going to shut down.

Stage 2./ Management deny the rumours.

Stage 3./ The company closes down.

I'm not saying that is the case here, but it's supposedly a fairly common scenario.

Brumby
27-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Isn't that the usual 3 stage thing with companies going under though?

Stage 1./ Rumours circulate that the company is going to shut down.

Stage 2./ Management deny the rumours.

Stage 3./ The company closes down.

I'm not saying that is the case here, but it's supposedly a fairly common scenario.

Yeah, you may be right, but if it's been done out of spite etc then I'm all for Trailcraft having a go at the poster - it's that sort of thing that gives these forums a bad name. Apparently this was a first time post - so not a regular on the forum, who may have built some credibility.

Cloud_9
27-03-2007, 10:05 PM
on the tinnie company going ass up .
any one heard anything on 2 also well knowns on the goldie??
will know more later.
Cloud 9