PDA

View Full Version : need advise,,,,,,,,,again

choppa
24-03-2007, 02:36 PM
didn't know where to place this querie,,, so apolgies to mod's,,,

i'm wanting to place a flat floor in my new tinny,,,,,

aha we say,,,,,easy,,,,,,,, BUT

the tinny is a savage snipe mk 2,,, 4 mtrs long,,, has the customary anchor ""well"" up front,,, followed by 3 seats running down the length,,

the anchor ""well"" pocket,, sits approx 2-3 inches higher in overall compared to the seating,,, which is good for my exercise,,

what i want to do,, is lay a flat piece of marine ply,,, from the anchor ""well"" back plate,, to the end of the middle (or second) seat,, thus will give me a flat floor level with ample room to play underneath,,,

my prob,,,,, how do i cut a piece of board,, to fit exactly with the tools i have,,,

cutting is no prob,,, its measuring the shape

any help??????????

choppa

blaze
24-03-2007, 02:40 PM
couple of cardboard boxs and play, when you have the pattern ya want lay it on the ply, if you screw up the cardboard it dont matter.
cheers
blaze

kingtin
24-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi chop chop :D

I'm guessing your problem lies with the irregular shape ie that the sides of the tinny are curving in towards the bow? If that's the case, then sheets of cardboard, carpet, an old sheet, or similar, can be used to make a template just as dressmakers do with paper.

If this isn't your problem, .................then what the hell are you talking about? ;) ;D

kev

sambos
24-03-2007, 06:57 PM
choppa im a chippy if you live on the north side bring your tinnie , ply &some beer & i,ll help

Kleyny
24-03-2007, 09:08 PM
thin ply wood with the assistance of the good old XXXX carton full or empty.;D ;D

Kleyny
25-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Hay chop you live on B. Island don't you i can supply some thin ply if you want some.

neil

Bob H
25-03-2007, 12:03 PM
If You Turn Up I Can Do It For You Chop, Bob H

Ps Did You Get That Bamboo?

Bob H
25-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Give Me A Ring