PDA

View Full Version : livewell set-up question

ashh
22-03-2007, 11:55 PM
hi guys,
what is the correct position for the water pickup?

should the inlet be just below the hull so that say if you were looking towards the stern from the bow on the underside of the hull whilst its on the trailer, all you would see is the round opening of the pickup?
or should it come down a bit further?

also, what would be a good size bilge pump for a 30-40 litre livewell, mainly just for poddys, herring and yabbies.
Sorry if they are silly questions, but I just want to get it right first time round.

Thanks

Ash ;)

freddyboy
23-03-2007, 01:05 AM
this is the way i got mine set up and it works a treat ,,,,

murf
23-03-2007, 06:04 AM
the rule 360 will do it fine

the boat is dragged up the beach for retrievel and all works great

Chears Murf

Noelm
23-03-2007, 09:04 AM
as far as the pump goes I have ditched mine years ago, I got sick of fixing/replacing them, I just have the pick up for when I am moving, and when stopped a big strong bucket provides all the water I need and it has NEVER flattened my battery, concked out, burnt out or needed a new switch, you only need one bucket in the tank every 15 minutes at the most, even with big Slimies, but thats just me, a simple approach to things.

Noelm
23-03-2007, 09:06 AM
and I know someone is going to post how they have had their rule pump or whatever brand for 2 yers and stuff, but I will never go back to an electric pump now, so don't bother with the reply!

SeaHunt
23-03-2007, 03:54 PM
I pretty well agree Noelm.
I have a duel system with two hoses running up to the tank one is connected to the the cheapest little Johnson bilge pump which cost $20. (I know they are crap but mine still goes).
The other smaller diameter hose is connected to a scoop type pickup (alloy tube with a bend in it).
The tank fills in less than 100 metres. I only turn the pump on for a minute or so when the bait starts swimming funny. The whole setup cost me about $35 and works well.

ashh
23-03-2007, 08:43 PM
thanks for the tips;)