PDA

View Full Version : River To Wrecks

copie
22-03-2007, 11:09 PM
Hi all
I generally fish offshore out side moreton from raby bay or the banks leaving from moolooabah. I want to take the family over to tangalooma area and would like to leave from the ramp in the brisbane river at colmslie has anyone done this run. Approx how long is the trip in reasonable weather.

thanks Mark

Marlin_Mike
23-03-2007, 07:13 AM
great ramp, good pntoon, good trip up the river, though you might want to consider the ramp at whyte island, save about 15 minutes boating up the river

Mike

finga
23-03-2007, 07:35 AM
Sorry but I've got nothing to add as I don't know about that sort of stuff.
But I was just wondering how many people see the sounder picture in your thingo Copie and automatically think gees have a look at this and look for depth and water temperature??
I kno I did and was a bit peeved when I couldn't zoom it to get a better sticky beak.
:)

Brumby
23-03-2007, 08:09 AM
Copie, I work on a bit under an hour; comfortable cruise on smooth water with a little Signature 492f. I don't pay too much attention to speed, but rather run on trim and comfort, but I probably sit around the 20kt mark for most of the way.

Have fun, great place to take the family.

Carl

copie
24-03-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks guys, yes i know it would be a bit quicker from whytes island but there is no pontoon for the kids and wife.
Thanks again MARK. Call sign GOODTIMES 2

kingtin
24-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Copie, if you don't mind driving to Nudgee/Schultz there's a pontoon there. Takes me 40 to 45 minutes sitting on 3000rpm.

kev