PDA

View Full Version : help with 70 hp yamaha leg crack

abbot_86
21-03-2007, 06:39 PM
hey fellas , i have a 70 horse 94 model yamaha and has a crack about the size of a 10 cent piece round at the very bottom of the leg just behind the water intake, it is kinda lifting out,its like a surface flake of metal, and i can see down the crack and cant see anything ,it looks solid behind there, i only puchased the boat 4 months ago and it has got progressivly worse, does anyone know if it is a solid piece or if there is importand parts in there i should be worried about. cheers nick.

dogsbody
21-03-2007, 07:00 PM
It's not just the paint bubbling up is it?

Dave.

Roughasguts
21-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Can you post a piccy,
As said it's either bubbling paint, or some kind of repair comming loose.
Give it a scrape, or rip it off, it ain't doing much at the moment, best see what's behind it and repair it properly.

abbot_86
21-03-2007, 07:51 PM
na its not paint its deeper than that , id have to like it chip it off but id rather know wat is behind there before i go doing that.
thanx

Kleyny
21-03-2007, 08:49 PM
got photos??

as they say picture is worth a thousand words (i think thats it)

FNQCairns
21-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Could it be an epoxy repair someone did once? Like devcon etc if it makes sense see how easy it is to scratch or dig compared to a known metal portion of the leg. If it is a plastic type repair it will scatch/dig in feel like plastic, well more like plastic than the rest of the leg anyway.

cheers fnq