PDA

View Full Version : Common boat modifications!

DazSamFishing
21-03-2007, 05:48 PM
G'day,

I am currently compiling a list of common boat modifications for work and was wondering if everyone can suggest 'common boat modifications'... All your suggestions are appreciated...

I am also working on a AUSFISH insurance discount... So keep an eye out in the near future.

Regards,

Daz

finga
21-03-2007, 06:09 PM
blood and guts on the floor is a welcome mod. ;D
Do you mean just structual type mods or mods like accessories??
Others not so optional are electronics, bimini, rocket launcher, safety gear, porta-potty, fresh water setups, fuel tanks, bow rail, duckboard, seating, eskies, hard top, auxilary motors....
Gees when do you stop doing mods and extras??

sid_fishes
21-03-2007, 06:53 PM
i think that just about covers it. anything thats not on a standard boat when you buy it

DazSamFishing
21-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Thanks guys,

I have covered those already... I am after structual modifications. Common mod's that would also appear on cruisers/yachts/ski boats etc... I am quite familiar with all mod's available for fishing vessels.

Thanks again.

Daz

Kleyny
21-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Ski boats: Fitment of high poles, learners booms, duck boards.
tinny: removing seats/thwarts and replacing with ribs, pods, fitting side consoles, stabilisers from bow to stern.

thats all for now
neil
p.s. yes mate still waiting for the discount, do you have an ETA on it.(got to get it insured sooner than later)

finga
22-03-2007, 07:02 AM
Structural boat mods....built in bait/kill tanks tanks, casting decks, outriggers, seating, transom mods (kill/access doors built in and rear seats got rid of), pods, cabins put on, anchor winches (and beefing up of the stem), lengthening of the hull. That'll do for now. :)

finga
22-03-2007, 07:18 AM
Ooh, paint jobs is another that could be classed as structural...pretty expensive as well sometimes :)
Tackle lockers, waterproof storage bins are a couple more.
Widening of gunnels in smaller tinnies, electric motor mounts welded on ali boats.
I put some hydraulic steering on a large trailer sailer a few weeks ago. Apparently they normally have a tiller still.

:)

DazSamFishing
22-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Honky Dory...

Can you explained: Ski boats: Fitment of high poles, learners booms, duck boards.

Cheers

Daz

finga
22-03-2007, 02:30 PM
learners boom is a boom that sticks out the side of the boat like a drivethrough boom gate. Learners hang onto this instead of a rope.
A duckboard in a ski boat is the same of a leasure boat.
Ski-boats also have the wakeboard/ski racks all over them now-a-days as well