PDA

View Full Version : Tough Monday night on banks

Any_Weather
21-03-2007, 02:42 PM
We left Mooloolaba on Monday night at 9.00pm for a slow old punch out to the centre area of the banks heading into a stiff 20 knots of E/SE which was supposed to ease during the night but must of change its mind. Arrived at banks to find the sounder alive with fish life, so anchored on a likely show which first drop saw a good size Moses perch landed. We thought this could make for a good night but that was the last fish we caught until 6.00am next morning. We tried numerous spots and even tried drifting as we could not get a bite let alone catch a fish. Went for a camp about 3.00am only to wake to the same 20+ knot Easterly and pretty lumpy conditions. 5.00am saw us trying the same pinnicles again with still no luck so we headed for the flat ground just inside them and ended up with our limit of reasonable parrot, 4 moses perch and 2 nice red throats. Had to work pretty hard in pretty ordinary conditions to get a good feed but thats fishin. Left banks at 10.00am as the wind was easing for a lot better trip home than on the way out. No photos as nothing of real quality worth taking.

Lee

seapup
21-03-2007, 03:08 PM
sounded like a tough night lee! as you said "thats fishn"!!!
Benny.

revs57
21-03-2007, 04:06 PM
At least you're out there flying the flag Lee,

7weeks and 6 days to go!!!!

Any_Weather
21-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Rhys, mate it sounds like I am not the only one getting excited. Mate we are heading up on Tuesday the 15th. If I have worked it out right, you are heading up on the same day yeh? We are hoping to get a ferry around 10.00-11.00am. I hear you are doing it in style this year in a house, I hope us plebs that are camping are still worthy of sharing a beer with you guys. Mate cant wait for it, will see you up there.

Lee

andrew&lucy
21-03-2007, 05:17 PM
lee picked luc up last night 2 more tears repaired in knee, thinking of going up friday with darren you know where,see you monday morning.sounds like you had a hard trip.

sambos
21-03-2007, 08:02 PM
fished with a top fisho for years ,his tip always was if yor first fish was a moses move on,

revs57
22-03-2007, 07:05 AM
Yeah Lee, we're leaving early Wed am again...and mate the bar will be open! All welcome so look forward to seeing you there

cheers

Rhys

Any_Weather
22-03-2007, 08:12 AM
Andrew, mate I hope you have a good trip North.
Sambo, very interesting, will keep that in mind in the future and see if it rings true.

Lee