PDA

View Full Version : N.s.w Laws Versus Qld Laws

bundymal
20-03-2007, 11:23 PM
HI ALL

just a bit of a winge .moved back to n.s.w and after living at qld cant believe the difference in laws mainly about cast nets and how many crab pots aloud .AND ONLY MOVED BACK TO N.S.W BECAUSE OF WORK . or still would be in Q.L.D
Just wondering why your not aloud to use a cast net and put 4 crab pots in instead of 1 . i know better fishing in QLD . I think the N.S.W guy in parliament for fishing laws is a x pro ,looking after his mates and getting a kick back

cheers
mal

bundymal
20-03-2007, 11:39 PM
hi
regarding about cast nets it's only used for collecting bait or getting prawns which you use as bait as well or geta good feed .crabs 1 pot for 4 crabs ,your lucky if you get that many ,your lucky if your pots are there when you go back to get them

well ive had my winge and a few rums lol

cheers
mal

Gazza
21-03-2007, 01:32 AM
Don't forget to pay the wet-a-line TAX mate.....

p.s. gaffit ,1(one) pot not four(4) pots or da (4)crabs you think, but you can keep a 71cm flattie(dusky) ,and 0cm size on Mangrove Jacks, and 30cm snapper .....

Castnets ,just like footy mate ,NSW'ers can't cast..... :)

tight lines mate
Gazza

nigelr
21-03-2007, 05:32 AM
Heard on the local ABC yesterday, NSW licence fees to be used to buy back around 400 commercial fisher licences in NSW this year.
This cockroach aint whinging about THAT!
Cheers.

rockfisho
21-03-2007, 05:39 PM
hi

I've heard from a few people that they have banned them in NSW because too many people are misusing the privilege, and are taking countless undersize fish such as whiting. Not to say that it probably doesn't happen in QLD.

I think there might be a few other posts on cast nets. In other threads.

cheers
rockfisho

Chezzy13
21-03-2007, 06:04 PM
your lucky if you get that many ,your lucky if your pots are there when you go back to get them

Bloomin Pipps ya doesn't it..>:(..
I am looking to relocate back South, to South Australia..Cast netting I think is illegal in South Aussie, plus mud crab pots are too, not that I'd catch them where Im going anyhoo, theres enough Blueys to make up for it, but Muddies ARE lovely..;D
Its amazing how the law differs from state to state, I live near the border of QLD and NSW, and to fish over the border in NSW, I need a license. They need to do something.::)

RCG008
21-03-2007, 07:12 PM
This looks like shaping up into a good old state of origin battle.

I'm a huge fan of the license when the money is used to fund things like:

-Buying back greedy commercial fishermans licenses.
-Putting 100's of thousands of Mullaway Fingerlings back in our estuarys.

2 super reasons. I think there is a place for the license in QLD. Im about to move there and I'll adapt to whatever rules are in. But it really isnt that much money. I bet some of you have spent more on Lure that didnt come back.

You guys up north sure have a lot of size limits. ::)

mariner_22
21-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Just on the licences to fish i strongly think that a fishing licence should be implemented across Australia. Firstly, a licence is an economic tool to eliminate the major problem of a fishery, the fact that it is a common resource. Common resources exhibit the nature of being non-excludble i.e anyone can fish no one can be exluded from using a public good. Secondly, common resources are rival in nature i.e if i catch a fish and take it no one else can catch that same fish. As a result by putting a licence on fishing governments are making fisheries excludable. Furthermore, the funds generated from the licences can be put back into our fisheries through stocking programs, buy-back schemes and improving facilities such as boat ramps.

The main problem with the fisheries set-up is that there are no defined property rights over a fishery i mean who owns the fish in the ocean? no one. Therefore, you wil always have states doin there own thing and implementing their own laws, which is very frustrating for anglers. The only way to solve this problem is by the implementation of some federalism by giving the power of fisheries management to the Commonwealth government. It has already happened with the GBRMP and the Murray-Darling so i don't see what it would not be effective.

vb4me
21-03-2007, 07:55 PM
I agree with the fishing license if the money is spent where it should be, ie restocking fish and buying back a few pro licenses;D. But even if you cast net legal sizes apply so keeping undersize fish is a nono and fines should be applied accordingly.