PDA

View Full Version : Awoonga's Boyne Bush Camp

Summy77
20-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Hi guys,

Has anyone been to the boyne bush camp lately, i'm thinking of heading up there in april and i'm wondering if the water level is high enough for me to launch my 4.3m tinnie

also has there been many fish being caught at awoonga lately

the_matrix
20-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Summy,
Its getting veeeerrryy low up there, however Im quite sure you will be able to launch your boat.
Fishing has been really good.
Jas

Max Gerkin
20-03-2007, 10:36 PM
Forgive the ignorance but i'm new to gladstone and keen to try camping at awoonga. where's the bush camp?????

the_matrix
21-03-2007, 08:03 AM
Max,
Head out through Calliope, turn left onto the Monto road, roughly 27klms (frm memory) up the road, left turn onto the dirt. Its sign posted, not a bad spot, however with the tide running out its getting further away from the water. Plenty of quiet water up there but.
Jas

lorby
21-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Heard that hoons wrecked the place and left rubbish everywhere

best to check with the Area Water Board for access to see if the camping ground is still open

lorby

Summy77
22-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Thanks guy's, i was planning on checkin with the water board seeing it's been around two years since i was up that way.
I hope it's still open, if it is and hoons turn up i've got a few tricks that fixes them quick smart, and it will hurt there pockets more than mine
thanks again,
Summy

CQHORNET
23-03-2007, 05:50 AM
The only thing with the Bush camp at the moment is that you will need a good 4WD to launch a boat of any size, the water is getting further out up there.

DNO