PDA

View Full Version : Installing Forward Controls

Tinn
20-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Just wondering the cost involved in changing my 30hp suzuki tiller steer to forward controls. Thinking of mounting the steering at the front of the boat

Any help on the cheapest way to go about it would be appreciated. thanks

Kleyny
20-03-2007, 11:11 AM
When i Built my side console (mid 2006). it cost me roughly 150 bucks for just the steering parts.
From memory i did get a gear/throttle parts prices and found that i needed roughly another 200-300 depending on lenght and type of control.
B..I..A..S was the cheaps for the parts.
as long as the motor has the attachments inside the cowl should cost no more than the 450 mark.

Neil

Tinn
20-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Thanks for your help honky dory I will check out my motor this arvo. Then it is off to B..I..A..S for me ;D

HIGH and DRY
20-03-2007, 01:10 PM
ill be keeping a close eye on this thread tinn. it has crossed my mind for my boat, but i have also thought of a bigger boat:). do you have a front bench seat? and will this have to be removed to do a job like this. if you see my boat "sea n things" out at wello, come a wave me down, i would be very interested in this conversion.

cheers
pete

Tinn
20-03-2007, 01:32 PM
I should be able to leave the front bench seat in. I have also thought of a bigger boat but not enough $$$$$ available. I will keep you posted on how I go