PDA

View Full Version : mechanic in rockhampton

maxwellson
19-03-2007, 03:28 PM
moving up to rocky for 6 mths shortly and i need a marine mechanic.....wondering if anyone can reccomend a good one as its a tricky problem ive got with my motor....

cheers Maxi

bay_firey
19-03-2007, 06:31 PM
max

What breed of motor
My opinion would be Bluefin Sports or Seabreeze Marine, both in rocky and I would give the other guy a wide berth

maxwellson
19-03-2007, 06:50 PM
hi bay firey
10 yr old 25 johnson thanks for the info..

maxi

bay_firey
19-03-2007, 09:04 PM
best bet would be Seabreeze i think, they are merc dealers but have had and do a lot of 2 stroke stuff.

Although blue fin would be my dealer of choice they are and have been for ever Yamaha people and probably not so good on the 2 strokes

maxwellson
20-03-2007, 12:45 PM
ok thanks very much....
very much appreciated mark....
will look them up ....

paul

rumy1
20-03-2007, 09:12 PM
I just bought a boat from Seabreeze Marine $45000 worth and the service has been great ! I will deal only with them and tow my boat 120km's rather than get it serviced locally.

rumy1
20-03-2007, 09:12 PM
I just bought a boat from Seabreeze Marine $45000 worth and the service has been great ! I will deal only with them and tow my boat 120km's rather than get it serviced locally.

newchum
21-03-2007, 11:54 AM
hi max , there is also a guy that only does service work(so he is not in it for sales)alf lacey is his name good on OMC motors. keeps my yammy running well and is not expensive. down to earth and a straight shooter.

maxwellson
21-03-2007, 05:08 PM
thanks new chum.check you pm's

paul

Red_Nut
22-03-2007, 11:01 AM
Paul - I agree with Bay Firey. I have had bad experiences with the mob on the same side of Musgrave St (I see they now sell boats and box trailers!!!). They broke the cast aluminium casing around my water pump and REFUSED to do anything to rectify. There is no worse feeling than getting parts of your outboard back in a plastic bag!!

Bluefin are good (only really dealt with them on the retail side), and I have had great service from Seabreeze Marine. They have 2 locations, one in Rocky and another down at Yeppoon on the coast. I have dealt with the guys down at the coast. Top service and reasonable rates (in my experience anyway).

Hope you enjoy your time up here and the weather tidies up for you.

Cheers.

Ed.

rat_catcher
25-03-2007, 02:19 PM
hi max , there is also a guy that only does service work(so he is not in it for sales)alf lacey is his name good on OMC motors. keeps my yammy running well and is not expensive. down to earth and a straight shooter.

My neighbour has been sending his boat to Alf for a long time and has had nothing but good things to say about him, BUT I think he said that Alf has just retired. Not 100% sure about this, but if he is still in business it would probably be worth a call to chat with him.

For Steve
25-03-2007, 08:56 PM
When I living up in Cowtown, Alf Lacey was the man to see about any outboard issues. This was several years ago so I'm not sure if he's still working or not.

Give this a try:
340 Leichhardt St North Rockhampton 4701
(07) 4936 2111

Regards, Brad.