PDA

View Full Version : pods and prop problem

wayneoro
19-03-2007, 10:45 AM
guys put pods on 16ft clark alum powered by 90hp johno 1989 max revs on taco is 4100 so raised pods 1-2inches but revs still same just checked prop size it is 13 x 19 s/s last motor had a 70 johno 13 1/4 x 17 was perfect what would be logical prop to try first cheers

FNQCairns
19-03-2007, 11:20 AM
Wayne raising the pods will make no difference unless you are going very fast and trying to tune to some degree, 4100 is artificaially low but unless you prop down and raise the engine (possibly) to get some ball park figures - I suspect you are still tethered to the trailer!

cheers fnq

Noelm
19-03-2007, 12:13 PM
yep, that model 90 will need to be able to get at least 5,500RPM or you risk piston damage, is the whole setup just launched?? maybe check throttle travel to ensure full throttle, also look over the back when on the plane to get an idea of where the cav plate is in relation the water, do you have another prop to try??

Roughasguts
19-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Hi Wayne, Bummer so you raised the pods, and not much if anything changed.
I know you got some huge pods there, what would be there weight ?

Maybe the weight of the pods has just sunk the boat that 2 inchess you raised them so nothing would have changed. So I'm guessing those pods are still dragging in the water. Hmmmm, mate only thing I can think of is move that motor back, or reduce the size of the pods.

Is the hull riding flat or has the bow raised a bit since the pods where raised ?

wayneoro
19-03-2007, 02:05 PM
guys the boat rides flat and beautiful i not only raised pods but also moved them out a inch or two now at full speed my prop is catching water my speed at full power is 25 to 30 mph if it wasnt for taco i would think i was perfect . the taco seems to be correct idle 1000 revs 6mph at 2000 revs all as it should be until 4000 ?

FNQCairns
19-03-2007, 03:06 PM
Hi wayne that prop should suit you pretty well, is the MPH GPS? if so, your tacho MUST be buggered you have 90hp pushing what I assume is a light boat so you could probably even go to a 13 1/4 X 19 or larger as a guess.

Throw that taco away or keep change the poles till one makes sense, proably easier to do that on the water.

cheers fnq

wayneoro
19-03-2007, 07:10 PM
thanks mate yep that big a loss of revs dosnt make sense i have a spare taco will put it on yet the taco seems spot on till i get up top range cheers being doing well in river lately jacks and grunter [big] mullet strips 60lb trace 40lb not up to it ::) holes in river with logs etc landing about 1 in 4hook ups or less