PDA

View Full Version : First Time

mark76
18-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Hi Everyone,
Virgin reported here. have watched this site from time to time but have never contributed. Well this is the first of many (hopefully).
Headed out from Mooloolaba early this morning. Didn't travel too far as we found a very nice ledge prior to Christmas heading home one day but haven't had a chance to fish it till this morning. Caught a few nice snapper on the floaters & a mix of other reefys off the bottom. They went off the bit as soon as the wind turned to the south so we headed home for a nice Sunday Breakfast. Tally: 8 snapper/squire with the largest 6.5kg, 2 pearlies, 4 sweetlip, 2 cod & rat. Pictures attached of my share only as I left the camera at home. The remainder were generously donated to my grandmother as payment for all the nights I have crashed there !
cheers
mark
PS : I have throughly enjoyed reading everybody's reports over the past 12 months or so.sum

Deiter
18-03-2007, 10:00 PM
G'day Mark, Nice snaps there mate, healthy little bag.:D

I'm holidaying up there for 5days in a week or so, and i am having a lot of trouble with the thought of not being able (allowed:'() to take the boat too.......................and you're not helping.;)

well done,
Damo

O SEA D
19-03-2007, 07:00 AM
Thats a nice undersize cobia and maori cod you have there.

snapperm8
19-03-2007, 08:21 AM
great bag there mate and nice snap aswell

cheers dave

reel scream
19-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Well done Mark and welcome to the site.

Cheers Scott.

Fishing_Freddy
20-03-2007, 05:14 AM
Welcome to the site Mark. Who needs to travel far when you can catch a feed like that.
Ken :beer:

cervelo
25-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Nice catch.

I'm planning a look around Mooloolaba, its a nice safe bar and this will be the first offshore trip in the newly set up rig.

Glenn

Dougi
25-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Welcome to the site
Top effort for in close
Doug