PDA

View Full Version : Busted Weld

Steven78
18-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Gday

Today when cleaning the boat i saw a busted weld. What is Quintrex like with fixing these things as it still under warranty? I have heard too many stories and after the last problem which is still not resloved I am a bit worried.

Thanks Steven

Roughasguts
18-03-2007, 09:45 PM
Mate I don't know, where is the weld busted ? and is it on a painted surface.
Theres some bloody good welders out there maybe even quintrex have 1 or 2.

But if you took it to a bloody good welder would Quintrex pick up the Tab.

Noelm
19-03-2007, 07:49 AM
I doubt the Quintrex will do the actual repair (unless you are near them) they will recomend someone near you (in conjuction with your dealer) I know a few other manufacturers do this, so Quintrex will be the same, just see your dealer first and take it from there.

Tinn
19-03-2007, 08:29 AM
Don't believe they will fix it best to find a welder and get it repaired.

timddo
19-03-2007, 08:34 AM
If it's under warranty, then they should repair it. No questions ask.
I was afraid of something like that in pressed boats, so i moved to plate boat.

Steven78
19-03-2007, 09:10 AM
I have just phone and is was told a least 2 weeks for them to have a look at it.
WHY *&*&(&*(&*(&*(&*(

Noelm
19-03-2007, 09:25 AM
I guess you contacted the Dealer you got it from?? if not do so! they should arrange it all for you. but if the welder is busy you may have to wait, and then there is repainting and so on, OH and the next "plate" boat I see cracked will NOT be last I would say, don't kid yourself on that!

Steven78
19-03-2007, 09:57 AM
In the last few minutes I just had a call form a manager saying that they will have a look and he said that i should not take too long to get it back. It was good to talk to someone that was helpful and able to answer the question that i had.

I will keep you posted.

charleville
19-03-2007, 10:12 AM
I found Quintrex pretty good when I had a problem that needed some welding. In fact, I could not fault their after-sales/warranty performance.

I did have to take it down to their factory though.

Tinn
19-03-2007, 10:45 AM
You might be lucky Steven78 let us know how it all ends up