PDA

View Full Version : Slow Day Off Moreton !

rakinray
18-03-2007, 08:04 PM
G/ day all just a quick report on our trip today, myself,Dan and Webby in Dans boat and Sandman, his partner, and mate in his whaler headed out the passage around 5.30am in the hope of finding some snapps . Sandman (Mike) got the ball rollin with a nice 4-5 kilo snapper so hopes were high but it just didnt happen today. As soon as the south- easter got up early the current got flowing and the fish did the same :'( Had to work really hard to scrape up a feed ended up with a few nice size pearlys, pigfish, and a nice big tusky, but it was better than sittin at home thinking about goin fishin ::) Had a bumpy ride home,and Mike had some electrical dramas but all in all we enjoyed the day.

CHEERS RAY :D HERES SOME PICS.

-spiro-
18-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Sounds like a good day Ray gotta be happy with that.

Fishing_Freddy
18-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Nice couple of fish Ray, like you said beats seating at home wishing you were fishing. Ken :beer:

webby
19-03-2007, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the trip Fellas, was good to fish deeper waters for a change;D
Just have to improved your Deckies Ediquitte ? Dan;)
Bloody Tuskies wont leave me alone, anyway reckon their better tasteing then Snaps.
The new boat Dan rides really well, handled the sloppy bar with ease, just have to improves the Bosses now;D
Good to meet up again Mike, been awhile.
Catch up during the week
regards

Sandman
19-03-2007, 08:20 AM
Thanks Ray, Webby, Dan,

Just not our day still nice feed downed the snap with a few garlic prawns caught the week before with a muddy from a previous trip.
As Ray mentioned a few probs with the electrics that gave me a nervous trip through the bar if it wasnt allready a nervous trip for me ( hate those bars). Just means i need to put more days into fishing.
Regards
Mike

Chrisco_stew
19-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Nice one boys!!

How did the steering go Mick?

Nice fish to start the day mate!!

Good to see you got back in with the faults..

Chris

Sandman
19-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Yeh had it fixed by around midday Saturday was spewing about missing out that day. Not sure how or why but the steering shaft had seized due to corrosion? Got it fixed but i will need to get a new housing for that. I have greased that motor religiously but yet i dont use it for 2 months and she goes stiff?
Yeh Ray was on the mark 5kg Snapper but bugger all else , Rob was out there he got a Marlin and a few Dollies.
Give you a call later
Mick

kevy
19-03-2007, 01:05 PM
hi rakingray, also fished yesterday wide caloundra, couple of spots scooter & blocker gave us. found some nise pearlies but current & wind stopped our run,, all in all a good day on the water. cheers, kevy.

rakinray
19-03-2007, 07:21 PM
G/ day all, no complaints here Spiro just happy to get a feed but they made us work for em ! So whats wrong with my deckie skills Brian just gotta keep those young blokes in line ;D Hey Mike you just need more practice so keep the boat ready mate. Forgot to mention that i ran into Rob (Mackmauler) good to catch up mate. Hey Brian you didnt mind my ettiquite when i let you have my seat so your old wobbly legs could get some rest :D

CHEERS RAY:D