PDA

View Full Version : How much is too much?

insideout
18-03-2007, 07:58 PM
gday all , now i know that a fishing vessel is just that , a fishing boat, but how many of you can say that your own boat is fast turning into a 40 ft caravan, with all the trimmings! By that i mean i find myself wanting to install a small lcd monitor with a dvd player, and a digital tv antenna for those overnighters, and a small hot water system for showers,a fridge to keep my stuff cold, ect,ect,ect, where do you stop, and is it nessary?
Although i am by no means getting to the stage of retiring, or buying a caravan yet,i am starting to suspect the nomad gene is kicking in early, and is driving me to buy all these things.
What age do you think that the speed of youth is replaced by the comfort of the er..middle age??

blaze
18-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Creature comforts, lets see, I have a wireless that I dont turn on because it spoils the peace and quiet, shower is a solar black bag, cooking gear is a single burner gas cooker. Sleep on the v berths with a sleeping bag. The change that I feel isnt for the creature comforts you are talking about but for a smoother, slower ride, happy to cruise alongat 20knts.
cheers
blaze

Raesen
18-03-2007, 08:55 PM
3.7 tinnie, 15hp Yamaha. two padded seats; Oh and a bung when I remember to put it in (for the boat that is guys).
Thats it and in the immortal words of "Get Smart" - "AND LOVING IT"!!!!!
Cheers
Pete
The nomad gene? A campertrailer - "AND LOVING IT"!!!!

finga
18-03-2007, 08:57 PM
Not much more you could put in my 3.7m tinny. Just (fatso) me and a rod and an esky :D
I really appreciate a comfortable chair and hot shower when I get home though.
Maybe my 'grey' genes have done a runner??
My hair hasn't gone grey...it's just gone ;D

Feral
19-03-2007, 06:12 AM
"floating gin palace"?

Mate Suggested I put carpet on the bare floor boards, told him he is getting bl@@dy soft! Next he will be wanting rod holders!

As to the age "creature comforts" start to arrive, well I noticed my father actually using a cushion in his boat yesterday, he is in his late 60's, he is getting soft to! - he has rod holders - Does that answer the question?

Poodroo
19-03-2007, 07:10 AM
Everything starts off with an idea I guess. You picture it in your head and then you add it to the boat. Before you know it you have a scaled down version of the QEII. For me I think I will just have to start off with a boat and work my way up from there. ;)

Poodroo

Brett1907
19-03-2007, 08:28 AM
I just borrow the inlaws boat. 50ft riv sports cruiser. Gen set, air con, queen size main bunk, shower, toilet, dvd player, lcd screen, cd stacker, 2 fridges, ice maker. Can do 40knt plus (can't afford the 250L/hr though at WOT). He even had a custom bait board/rod holder made for the duck board, and all the carpet just unclips.

Have yet to catch a fish on it yet though. Thos fridges hold too many beers!!!LOL

Brett

gone_fishing
19-03-2007, 04:45 PM
i think anything that makes the short breaks away from the riggers of work more comfortable and enjoyable is a good thing;D
i wonder how a 102 plasma would look in my 12' a;D ;D
hmm i think a beer fridge to ;D when does it stop:-/

he with the most toys wins :D

PinHead
19-03-2007, 04:58 PM
no comment

Wayne_Red
19-03-2007, 06:09 PM
inlaws 50' riv. nice way to go. does it come with the fuel card when you borrow it ?
wayne

finga
19-03-2007, 06:30 PM
no comment
Why???
From what I can remember you've got the simplest needs matey....
All I've ever heard you wishing for once-upon-atime was some hooks...is that right??
;D

PinHead
19-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Why???
From what I can remember you've got the simplest needs matey....
All I've ever heard you wishing for once-upon-atime was some hooks...is that right??
;D

LOL..I was not wishing for hooks..it was the motley bunch of pirates on board that whined about it...not me.

Cloud_9
19-03-2007, 07:17 PM
use the KISS prinsiple and you'll be right.
if your a fisherman forget the crap and fish .
if your a cruzer type feller geta whittly.
I'm a Sport Fisherman so its Center Console all the way and NO stupid T Top to get in the way.
even the radio airial gets the flick cos it gets in the way.
just has to be fast and stable.
Cheeers Cloud 9

saurian
19-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Insideout , when a 24ft cat isn't big enough and marina bills don't scare you.
You then know that it's 40 ft something time.........
Ps; don't let your mind fool you , all those modcons are in 40 footers....
Ta

manchild
19-03-2007, 08:08 PM
no comment
wheheheh
;D

stark
19-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Had a 40' Trawler fitted out with everything. Now have a 4.1 challenger Polycraft (rainwater tank) with a sounder. Much happier.

Cheers
John