PDA

View Full Version : Which blank???

candogu
18-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Hi poeple,,,,,,,,,, I'm getting a new spin rod made up and i'm looking at using a
Loomis S842-2IMX 7' 1/16-5/16oz 4-8lb
or a Hastings GUSA 701DHX blank... They are around the same $$$ for the blanks... I have a loomis sjr700 5'10 spin i love.. Which blank would you use and why? or is there something else i should be looking at that may be better??

Thanks for your help.....

Noel

sid_fishes
18-03-2007, 06:08 PM
can i ask you you brought a loomis in the first place?[ and be honest about it ] .was it because of all the advertising and or what others say?these days blanks just keep getting better they have to to meet the demands of pro fishers . if it was me i,d just look at the hastings range or in the end what feels right in my hands

candogu
19-03-2007, 07:27 PM
I got my first loomis when i went looking for a short 1kg rod, after having a look around i it came down to gl2 loomis and Tcurve from memory.. ended up with the loomis as it feel better and it was as cheap at $150.. To be honest, when I got the sjr700 5'10 spin I didn't look at anything else as I loved the feel.. but all thes rods are of the shelf so it does not help much when getting a rod built..

Noel

finga
19-03-2007, 08:57 PM
I just got couple of Hastings blanks and the actions seem really nice.
Can't wait to get a reel seat and some runners on them. :)
One of them is going to be a spin stick and is a Pioneer series P-UR602 ie 6' fast action 3-4kg.

Bearclaw
19-03-2007, 09:48 PM
What the GUSA DHX 701 offers at 51 grams I don't think you can go past it. Your buying it, don't buy a blank because some one likes it. Get hold of the blank load it up and then compare it to what your looking for. These pictures will give you some some idea of what a dual helix is capable of. But go to the website you will find what you need there.
www.hastingsrod.com (http://www.hastingsrod.com/)

candogu
21-03-2007, 07:56 PM
thanks for all the help people;)