PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Bananas Still Working

Frank OO
18-03-2007, 07:24 AM
All of this talk about Amberjack has prompted others to seek the pain of having their arms stretched. Sometimes I wish I had a charter boat but then it might stop being so much fun.

My back and shoulders were still aching form the last few sessions so I wasn’t going to do much fishing. I was just going to be the driver.

The weather predictions were fantastic and as we left Spinnaker boat ramp the wind had dropped to just a breath. Our boat had a full compliment with Tammy, Ben and Jei Jei.

Reel Obsession had decided to come along and Phil had the pleasure of Eric Grell on board his Whittley 6.1. It seemed that Eric needed to test his S10 rod on one of these Monster Amberjack.

One and a half hours later we arrived out at “Nowhere” and all was calm. Everything was flat with just a 5 knot breeze blowing. I think it took Ben just thirty seconds to lose his first knife jig. “Yes Ben they are big” Tammy soon followed suit with a sharp crack as the line and trace parted. ( Blood Saltiga – Too much drag).

The bottom seemed to be covered in these fish and it wasn’t long before Jei too had felt the power of these fish. There goes another Jig. C’mon guys I am going broke just standing here.

Ben and Jei dropped their jigs over at the same time as both were met by the monsters from the deep. Ben had his fish to the surface in just 10 minutes but Jei seemed to be taking a long time. In the mean time Tammy had just been blown away on a plastic. ( My fault because I tightened the drag when I saw the bottom of her spool.)

Finally Jei brought his fish to the surface. What a giant. My biggest was 25.6 Kg but this one was much bigger than that.

Tammy’s fight with a Cobia gave “Big Bretha “ a bit of a stretch especially when the Cobia did it’s screaming runs back to the bottom.

Eric and Phil were very quiet but I heard that everything had a good stretching. Yes the S10 did stay in one piece and Eric did catch his share of Amberjack but the rod does have it’s limits. The S10 is not a Jigging rod.

A few Pearlies and Parrot and it was time to go home.

Eric – I would like to see your photos.

Frank OO

Poodroo
18-03-2007, 07:37 AM
Totally awesome as per usual Frank. Can I book in for a trip in a couple of weeks?
My arms have fully recovered from the last trip and I am ready for another trip out to "nowhere" ;)

Poodroo

Snapp
18-03-2007, 07:43 AM
Nice catch.
Was the Parrot of good size. We used to do alright on parrot but they seemed
to be a abit harder to get in the last couple of years.

Frank OO
18-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Hi Snapp,

The parrot were about 2 Kg but they are a bit touchy on the plastics. They seem to be really careful and just nibble at the plastics whereas everything else just swallow the lot

Frankl OO

finga
18-03-2007, 08:04 AM
I'm just sitting here shaking my head Uncle Frank.
How do you do it over and over and over and over again???
Cheers (with great admiration) Scott :)

Millby
18-03-2007, 08:08 AM
I wasn’t going to do much fishing. I was just going to be the driver.

Must be tough being you. :P Look forward to next weeks issue! ;D

Frank OO
18-03-2007, 08:25 AM
Dearest Nephew Scott,

My back and shoulders are still aching from last week.

I am not sure why, but a lot of people seem to want to come out with us. Tammy is good lookiking and single, but not THAT good looking. So why else would they want to come out.

Can't be the fish because that is just severe pain. I actually have to force everyone to stop crying with pain and smile for the camera.

Who knows Scott. Maybe you might even ring to come along.

Frank OO

Frank OO
18-03-2007, 08:27 AM
Hi Millby,

I am sorry but I HAVE to go to 1770 next weekend. Never been before so next week's issue may not be as interesting. Thanks for the faith anyway.

Frank OO

BLOOEY
18-03-2007, 08:40 AM
Nice one frank did you see what had the bait balled up so tightly.

Frank OO
18-03-2007, 08:56 AM
Hi Blooey,

Just boring old Cobia and Striped Tuna.

We couldn't catch the Cobia though. Tammy got hes's right on the bottom.

Frank OO

Big_Ren
18-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Hi Frank

Holy schmokes:o . Ben told me about Jei Jei's AJ last night so I was looking forward to seeing the pics. No doubt it would look even bigger in the flesh.

Did you manage to fish at all or did you play skipper all day? What a cracker of a day....and what was I doing....sitting at home upgrading trebles and bloody splits to about 40 poppers....great fun NOT:-/

Cheers
Paul

Frank OO
18-03-2007, 09:34 AM
Hi Paul,

That fish was really big. A minimum of 25.5kg. (I hold the record at 25.6kg.)

Ben told me that you wanted to come along but I didn't know. I thought that you had some interesting stuff on with you dearest.

I could have kicked Jei off so that I would still have had the record for the biggest AJ. Ben was no threat. I was going to use his little pilchard as bait.

Next time mate.

Frank OO

finga
18-03-2007, 04:06 PM
Dearest Nephew Scott,

My back and shoulders are still aching from last week.

I am not sure why, but a lot of people seem to want to come out with us. Tammy is good lookiking and single, but not THAT good looking. So why else would they want to come out.

Can't be the fish because that is just severe pain. I actually have to force everyone to stop crying with pain and smile for the camera.

Who knows Scott. Maybe you might even ring to come along.

Frank OO
Dearest Uncle Frank
My cook (Cass) is a massage therapist so she could go and give the rub of life as you fish.
I look pretty crook all the time so a bit of pain may actually improve my 'good' looks.
I'd ring for sure for a yarn. But alas, I have not received your number.
I venture up that way to see some relo's sometimes. I'd love to drop in and have a yarn over a cuppa when your not actually fishing.
Cheerio Scott :D

Poodroo
18-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Dearest Uncle Frank
My cook (Cass) is a massage therapist so she could go and give the rub of life as you fish.
I look pretty crook all the time so a bit of pain may actually improve my 'good' looks.
I'd ring for sure for a yarn. But alas, I have not received your number.
I venture up that way to see some relo's sometimes. I'd love to drop in and have a yarn over a cuppa when your not actually fishing.
Cheerio Scott :D

Dearest Scotty, nice try but he already has a nephew (your's truly) who is a qualified massage therapist. ;D You will have to do better than that. Lol

Poodroo

finga
18-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Dearest Scotty, nice try but he already has a nephew (your's truly) who is a qualified massage therapist. ;D You will have to do better than that. Lol

Poodroo
Bet you can't beat my sausage sambos and pleasant personality...
And besides, the cook's better looking then you...no offence mate ;D

seapup
18-03-2007, 04:41 PM
some sic AJ's there Frank well done! the photos have got me amped to get stuck into them again this year out wide on the jigs!

Frank OO
18-03-2007, 05:54 PM
Hi Seapup,

I haven't seen them this big before. I have fished for them at Barwon Banks but they only ever got to about 12Kg mark.

I must admit that I am looking forward to some better eating fish. All the Ambos went back as just one ambo will keep you in fish for a month.

Frank OO

snapperm8
18-03-2007, 07:46 PM
great stuff always good to see urs pics hows one of those pics looks like the fish is jumping into the boat

cheers dave

BAR UP
18-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Hey Frank00, the pic of you with the Coral Trout looks like the back of the Elizabeth E. Been there a few times myself another trip planned for October.8-)

Timj
18-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Frank,

You promised you would not post pictures!!!! :'(:P

Tim.

Pistol_P
18-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Hey Frank..

Mate do you ever miss when you go out there....:-/
Awesome photos and awesome fish once again.
I am cringing for a jig session now.....You may have inspired me to get a saltiga!

Cheers
Pete

Adamy
18-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Maybe we should hold a raffle or an auction? to see who will be Frank's favorite nephew... I'll throw my hat in the ring too!!;D Might be a good way to make a few extra bucks for petrol::).

Looking good Frank - and envious as - as always! Eric didnt throw a jig on the S10 did he?? thats almost sacrilege! Mine has had a small work out on placcie caught sharks - but nothing big and deep yet - but still extremely happy with the performance!

Good luck with 1770 - cant wait to hear about it... bloody bananas!!

Adam

Scalem
19-03-2007, 06:53 AM
Are AJ's a summer or winter species? Sorry to put fear into some people who want to have a go at these, but I guess as winter approaches, they might move on, in which case, you'll have to get a bigger boat to fit everyone before winter Frank!!;D ;D

There's some major filling in of forms to be done too!! We may as well get legal if we are going to start adopting like the celebrities, how do you feel about being EVERYONE'S Uncle Frank?::) ::)

Well done to the whole crew.

Scalem

seapup
19-03-2007, 09:55 AM
Hey Frank,
What jigs do you find work the best and what colours? I have had good success wide of Noosa on River 2 Sea jigs. Keen to know what jigs and colours work best for you?
Cheers,
Benny.

QuintrexII
19-03-2007, 01:20 PM
HI Frank,

Yet again another fantastic read.

I've been wondering about the KG class of the rods you're using - I know that you have them custom made.

What is the rating?

thanks

Tambo01
19-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Hi Poodroo,

Now that I am back in Brissy hopefully for good !!!! you will have to fight with me to get a position on the boat cos if I have the day off I will be going.......(you can count on it ) he he !!!!

P.S. The massage thearpist line won't work either - cos somehow I have managed to get done for that job for both Mum and Dad lately....... but would love to organise a trip to go out fishing with you and Dad together one day soon...

Tambo xx;D ;D

trueblue
19-03-2007, 03:14 PM
I must admit that I am looking forward to some better eating fish. All the Ambos went back as just one ambo will keep you in fish for a month.

Frank OO

Hey Franko

You could always hang onto one extra of those vermin for me and I'll drive up and pick it up!!!

Awsome mate, you are pulling it off each trip - champion effort.

Cheers

Mick

Big_Ren
19-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Hi Poodroo,

Now that I am back in Brissy hopefully for good !!!! you will have to fight with me to get a position on the boat cos if I have the day off I will be going.......(you can count on it ) he he !!!!

P.S. The massage thearpist line won't work either - cos somehow I have managed to get done for that job for both Mum and Dad lately....... but would love to organise a trip to go out fishing with you and Dad together one day soon...

Tambo xx;D ;D

Hey Frank

To help you out, I'll sell the tickets for a ride on your rig...............for a small commission. I'll just set up my little ticketing booth outside your driveway around 4am on weekends....might even sell some hot dogs while I'm there;D ;D

Cheers
Paul

Poodroo
19-03-2007, 06:07 PM
Hi Poodroo,

Tambo xx;D ;D

Hey there Tambo and welcome to Ausfish. It's great that you are in Brisbane and I would love to go fishing with you and my dearest uncle. ::) I have booked in for Saturday 31st. March so hopefully we can meet up then. I promise I won't stand on your head this time okay. ;D

Poodroo

wak69
19-03-2007, 07:43 PM
CHARTER BOAT, WHAT CHARTER BOAT !!! look forward to your next post from 1770. top photos frank oo . OOPS, I MENT, UNKLE FRANK

Tambo01
20-03-2007, 08:09 AM
Hey there Tambo and welcome to Ausfish. It's great that you are in Brisbane and I would love to go fishing with you and my dearest uncle. ::) I have booked in for Saturday 31st. March so hopefully we can meet up then. I promise I won't stand on your head this time okay. ;D

Poodroo

Hi Poodroo,

I cannot believe you still remember that !!! I think it was at Southport Seaway and I must have been about 10 (maybe??) geez you do have a good memory (not so old after all hey)!!!!! Have a good time on the 31st I will be working so hope the weather holds out for you (P.S) Don' forget to take the bannanas.....

Tambo xx

Poodroo
20-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Hi Poodroo,

I cannot believe you still remember that !!! I think it was at Southport Seaway and I must have been about 10 (maybe??) geez you do have a good memory (not so old after all hey)!!!!! Have a good time on the 31st I will be working so hope the weather holds out for you (P.S) Don' forget to take the bannanas.....

Tambo xx

Yeah the memory is still pretty good. I was hoping I could fish with you again but there will always be another time. Yes I will bring bananas and will even make some banana sangas, bring banana milkshakes, and use banana boat sunblock. I will surely do well weather permitting. This is Queensland, of course the weather will be good. ;D

Poodroo

Tambo01
22-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Yes I will bring bananas and will even make some banana sangas, bring banana milkshakes, and use banana boat sunblock. I will surely do well weather permitting. This is Queensland, of course the weather will be good. ;D

Poodroo

Hi Poodroo,

You maybe overdoing it a little with that many bananna's... :o :o It is great that the weather in queensland is always good and you are right !! however not sure whether the wind or swell will be on your side.:-/ For your sake I hope it is as you don't get to go out very often.... But just to be on the safe side make sure you take sea sick pills otherwise you will be crook just like JJ (ha ha) and I don't think Dad will turn back after an 1 1/2 of driving .. Do you !!!!!!;D

Tambo xx

Scalem
22-03-2007, 10:00 PM
Hey there Tambo!

What's all these secrets?? :o ::)

I know another more recent secret, and it's nothing to do with bananas, but it would seem you will be buying a tub of fibreglass polish before you go out next time ey??;D ;D Can't keep the rod up ey??;) ;D

Good to hear you are having such a fab time, now can you sit Kell and Jess down and tell them how much fun fishing can be with Daddyo? I have raised a couple of City Kids!!

See you 'round!!8-)

Scalem

Tambo01
23-03-2007, 08:24 AM
What's all these secrets?? :o ::)

I know another more recent secret, and it's nothing to do with bananas, but it would seem you will be buying a tub of fibreglass polish before you go out next time ey??;D ;D Can't keep the rod up ey??;) ;D

Hey there Scalem!!

Yes well If someone would let me use the gimble all would be well But Noooo!! Apparently that makes me a sook!! so he gets braid burns on the side of the boat instead....... Even Ben was using a gimble so maybe I am not so much of a sook hey !!!

Tambo xx

Poodroo
26-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Hi Poodroo,

You maybe overdoing it a little with that many bananna's... :o :o It is great that the weather in queensland is always good and you are right !! however not sure whether the wind or swell will be on your side.:-/ For your sake I hope it is as you don't get to go out very often.... But just to be on the safe side make sure you take sea sick pills otherwise you will be crook just like JJ (ha ha) and I don't think Dad will turn back after an 1 1/2 of driving .. Do you !!!!!!;D

Tambo xx

Okay Tammy I might just cut down on the bananas a little bit. It takes a heap to get me seasick. I don't think I have ever been seasick once. Remember going on a charter boat many years ago and the waves were coming over the bow often. There were sick guys hanging their heads over the sides everywhere and what was Poodroo doing? Still had a line over and requesting someone to provide more berley. :D

Poodroo