PDA

View Full Version : Mustang 2800 Cruiser - Fishin Platform?

SteveCan
17-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Mate of mine with too much money has been 'influenced' by his better half to invest in a 2003 Mustang 2800. Had a look at it today, lovely boat, very comfortable and all that - the Latte' set will be very happy there I am sure.

However I have been in his ear trying to get him into a 6M Crusie Craft or similar at about half the price. Faster, more manuverable, cheaper to run - better Fishing platform!

But, not as comfortable and cruisy as the Mustang so I am thinking that, as in all things the woman will get her way and the cruiser will soon be moored at Ephraim Island. Waiting for the mates to descend upon it and cruise the Broadwater in search of beer - and Fish.

So, my question is - has anyone had much experience with cruisers and how well do they fish? Both Broadwater and outside? Or is it a waste of time even trying to seriously fish from a big platform like that.

I guess I am really looking for some encouragement here because my mate is not spending his hard earned on the boat I want him to get. The inconsiderate so and so is going to make a point scoring, 'family' based decision on the purchase and nothing I can do is going to dissuade him.

Is there no end to the trials and tribulations? ::)

Offshore^Jack
18-03-2007, 01:27 AM
He's going to buy a boat the Mrs wants before he buys a boat you want:hammer:

trueblue
18-03-2007, 09:29 AM
Somehow I don't think it has anything to do with you...

krazyfisher
18-03-2007, 11:36 AM
I have a mate with one of these and if they have the large duck board and put S/S rails around it the make a great fishing area and they are nice at the end of the day to sit back and talk about the ones that got away

SteveCan
18-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Somehow I don't think it has anything to do with you...

Y'Think? ::) It's as good as done - I do actually own a boat so I'm not THAT upset..

There is a question there about fishing the unit....

PinHead
18-03-2007, 03:21 PM
tell him not to buy it..he will then have to buy white shoes and then cop the abuse for the wash he creates. His wife will have to appear to be the trophy wife wearing the sheer bikini (so someone on hear said)..not worth the effort.

ozscott
18-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Pinhead has a point - I was one of those who complained about gin palaces wakes and skippers who seemingly ignored smaller boats and the havoc unfolding behind them. Not all do that of course and Pinhead appears to be a gentleman of the first order who offered his boat (for a gander) and time to me a while ago when I was posting enquiries about a boat of that type.

I reckon that there is no reason why a 28 foot stang wouldnot fish as well as my 21 foot Seafarer Vagabond - however there are always pros and cons - the 28 footer would not go where mine can go in terms of shallow water (I can get out and push mine over sandbanks if I want provided that there is a foot and a half of water) but then again I reckon the 28 footer would be able to balls out bigger seas out wide than my 21 footer. At the end of the day nothing would beat being able to sleep, crap, eat, sleep, and shower in comfort after a good days fishing whilst moored up and then kick off proceedings early AM refreshed for another fish.

You cannot chase the fish around the front, but then again thats not the end of the world.

My two cents worth.

Cheers

ozscott
18-03-2007, 07:41 PM
...as for sheer I dont think that you actually need the 30 foot or so of boat to achieve same - (despite the adds that feature, generally, 2 50 year old men on a cruiser with 4 gorgeous 20 year olds with big lungs). I once saw a 17 foot centre console alloy fishing boat with a guy driving and a stunning bird, 6 foot if she was an inch, wearing (just) a red bikini bottom and was starkers on top - and what a tribute to white pointers it was. So the motto is - you can still pull them in a smaller boat, but alas I suspect it was definately a one off - and if my wife reads this post I will tell her that someone stole my user name and password details! (ie because I did not include a reference to her as my trophy!).

Cheers

ozscott
18-03-2007, 07:42 PM
...to all those ladies on the site who are now calling me a pig, please accept the jest with which the post was made!

PinHead
18-03-2007, 08:07 PM
...as for sheer I dont think that you actually need the 30 foot or so of boat to achieve same - (despite the adds that feature, generally, 2 50 year old men on a cruiser with 4 gorgeous 20 year olds with big lungs). I once saw a 17 foot centre console alloy fishing boat with a guy driving and a stunning bird, 6 foot if she was an inch, wearing (just) a red bikini bottom and was starkers on top - and what a tribute to white pointers it was. So the motto is - you can still pull them in a smaller boat, but alas I suspect it was definately a one off - and if my wife reads this post I will tell her that someone stole my user name and password details! (ie because I did not include a reference to her as my trophy!).

Cheers

I am just over 50 and have a few friends in the same age group..could get one of those on board with me...but hell..no 20 year old would be interested unless she was blind.