PDA

View Full Version : Mercury 30hp EFI 4 Stroke????

J2DAG83
16-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Looking at installing one of these bad boys on the back of me 4.1m aquamaster abalone.....if anyone has one and can comment on performance ect. would be greatly appreciated.... Going off the specs they seem like fairly reasonable engine....

Cheers

Noelm
16-03-2007, 01:48 PM
you will get a dozen people who will say it is fantastic, then another dozen who will say get something else (because thats what they have) and yet another dozen who will reply and say they have a 2 stroke and that's what you should get, if the dealer is good, price is right, you like the motor, just buy it, they are all good, only the dealer is different.

J2DAG83
16-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Haha.....cheers mate, thanks for the different perspective.... definately know what your getting at there...

bryn-e-bass
17-03-2007, 09:50 AM
Yeh! I've got a 30 4/ "black anchor" on a stessco 3950. It's to heavy for my boat. It weighs 81 kg (sticker on motor) and is set back another 6 inches compared to 25 2/, propwash comes over long shaft transom.Have to have t/t. Cheaper to run , quiter than previous 25 2/. Gained 3kph wot,drop in planning speed and no i'm not going to buy more props. DO NOT lift motor by pulling on cowling, bits WILL come off , the grab handle is set too low and its along way behind the motor ( solution , buy trim/tilt $1200++). For $4600 .............wish I had my 25 2/ ........bryne