PDA

View Full Version : Boaties Market with Ausfish Merchandise available!!!

subzero
15-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Volunteer Marine Rescue Victoria Point is holding its next bi-annual Boaties’ Market at the Victoria Point State School grounds in Colburn Avenue on Sunday 22nd April 2007. The gates open for site holders and buyers at 5.00 am and the market continues until 12 noon.

The School always operates a great sausage sizzle with drinks also available.

Entry for buyers is by means of a donation, with the proceeds going towards operating and maintaining the rescue vessels, looking after the building, its vehicles and safety equipment. Site holders pay a token $10 per site with there being no restrictions on the size required and no need to book ahead.
We are always pleased to donate a percentage of our takings to the School’s P & C Association for their generosity in making the grounds available for the market.

The unit Commodore, Ed Pepping, reminds everyone that the theme continues to be “anything from a fish hook to a power cruiser!” and it is rare that a site holder does not dispose of most or all items for sale.

Any enquiries should be directed to Ted Scovell on 07 3207 8116

Cheers Lloyd
:D

Lucky_Phill
15-03-2007, 08:20 PM
As some here would know, I frequent this event. I have held a stall there and can vouch for the ' range ' of goodies and bargains to be had.

I will be there again this year, and might even have some of those :-X slugs.

Pop on in, we'll have the Ausfish banner flying.

Phill

finga
15-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Beauty another sausage sizzle. :thumbup:
The cook's gunna be peeved again. More crap to come home :D
Thanks for the advanced notice Llyod. Gives me some time to get some browny points up.
;D

BilgeBoy
15-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Finally, a second chance to buy a wooden donger :smash:

See you all there

BilgeBoy

charleville
16-03-2007, 02:33 AM
Finally, a second chance to buy a wooden donger

Ah yes - the dongers are very good. I have used the one that I bought there last time quite a lot since then and it works perfectly. :) :) :)

coroboy
19-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Hi Zubzero,
You beauty. Been waiting this. Have stuff to sell and want stuff to buy. Might buy a priest - it gives the last rites.::)
See ya there
Coroboy

finga
20-03-2007, 07:02 AM
The cook calls the dongers 'Le Casse-tete' which roughly means skull cracker.
(there should be a little arrow thingo above the 1st e as well) :D
They used to have to carry (and sometimes use) them around when the civil war was on in New Caledonia.

charleville
24-03-2007, 04:28 PM
That fella who sells the dongers/Les Casse-tete/priests better have a few with him if the intentions stated in this thread are any indication.;D

Who would think that these could be the most populat item at the market? ;D

cervelo
25-03-2007, 12:05 PM
I think I've got enough bits and pieces to run two stalls, I talk to the boss and see if we can set one up.

Cheers
Glenn

Lucky_Phill
12-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Boaties Market Stall

I am having a stall at the Boaties Market on the 22nd April at Victoria Point State School.

If anyone has some “ nautical “ items they wish to dispose of, drop them into me, with prices attached, name and number and I will attempt to turn them into cash for you. Best to get there early as the numbers hit a peak from 6am - 9am, but the market goes until midday.

I will have the Ausfish Banner flying high at my stall so you won’t miss me.

If you can’t get to the market pm me, and maybe we can arrange for the items to be picked up or dropped off.

OH, and for those that have asked, YES, there will be some of ‘ those ‘ slugs for sale.

Cheers Phill.

Marlin_Mike
12-04-2007, 04:16 PM
5 slugs for me Phil :):):)

Be there at 5am

Mike

finga
13-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Ha, ha yeah good on ya Phil. :angry:
Gees you get me into strife. :(
The cook has seen what you said about any nauctical stuff to dispose of...and the dollar signs come up into her twinkling little eyeballs :happy:
Looks like the dungeon is going to get cleaned out IF she gets her way.:tongue:
She's on the lookout now for a tipper and dog and a bobcat to get it there...
I'd better get some more browny points up so she forgets :)
If she gets her way I'd better go and buy it all back then better I ;D

Jokes aside I have got some stuff to get rid of to get some pocket money. I'll send a PM soon.
Cheers Scott

PS How bigs your tables??

Lucky_Phill
13-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Tables are big enough , Scott. room for wooden things ;D

5am, Mike. :o gates don't open until 6. ::) I'll put them aside. ;)

Phill

finga
14-04-2007, 07:18 AM
Be there at 5am

Mike
Excellent. Good on ya Mike....What a trooper you are
Just remember to light the barby. That'll give time for it to warm up to cook the snags before I get there. Some onions and a bit of bacon will go down a treat too please ;D

PS Don't forget your torches.

Marlin_Mike
14-04-2007, 07:21 AM
I'll eat ya snags before you get ther scotty ;D ::) ::)

Mike

BilgeBoy
14-04-2007, 09:02 AM
Hey lucky Phil

Will you have any Ausfish stickers and merchandise on sale?? Would be a good opportunity to pick some up!! See ya there all.

BilgeBoy

Lucky_Phill
14-04-2007, 04:33 PM
There should be some Ausfish merchandise there. !!

phill

subzero
15-04-2007, 07:01 AM
Gates open at 5am.... wakey wakey boys;D
Looks like a good turnout and good support from all the Ausfish boys (and girls) as usual.
Thanks all
Hopefuly get to catch up with a few of you there throughout the day:D
Cheers Lloyd

finga
21-04-2007, 05:58 AM
Only 1/2 sleep to go. :D
I say 1/2 sleep because I'll be there pretty bloody early :D
Gees I hope they don't run out of gas for that BBQ....sausage sambo here I come :D

Lucky_Phill
21-04-2007, 05:28 PM
It is confirmed that Ausfish merchandise will be on offer at the Market at a " Boaties Market " special price.

Cheers Phill