PDA

View Full Version : How much $$$ for a salvaged hull?

rando
15-03-2007, 03:05 PM
How much would a 26 ft sharkcat thats been on the bottom be worth.
Would require a complete rebuild only the hull and deck and cockpit floors worth keeping.
rando

Stuart
15-03-2007, 04:33 PM
With out seeing it I would say around the $6000 or less mark. Are you buying or selling?.

Stu

Roughasguts
15-03-2007, 04:44 PM
I would be thinking more like 700 bucks.

PADDLES
15-03-2007, 04:55 PM
i know of someone who scored a half cabin hull (broken topsides) and motor which had all been under off an insurance company for nothing because it would cost the insurance company too much to salvage them. i wouldn't be paying too much if it's in a harder to get to location, if the insurance company has already had to do the salvage you'd have to at least cover the costs of that plus some. they won't be salvaging it if it's not worth their while.

gone_fishing
15-03-2007, 05:07 PM
just an idea look how much one is worth in good nic
price how much you reckon its going to cost to get the salavaged boat to that standard dont forget about man hours and time frame
do some maths
personally i dont think youd pay to much for the time and money youd invest into it youd could already be on the water for the same dollars no time
all the best

rando
16-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Thanks Guys
you have confirmed my thoughts.
A Client of mine was talking about spending big bucks to buy a salvaged hull, and do it up.
I thought he was going to pay too much. I had a look at it for him and it had obviously been on the hard stand a looong time. Hull and deck, OK ,the rest was a refit for sure.