PDA

View Full Version : I'm in love

blaze
14-03-2007, 11:08 PM
these buggers that sell things must be able to see me coming, went into a tackle shop on the way to launceston to at devonport to talk to the owner who also builds custom rods. As I have said before I wasnt sure what I really wanted to build. Anyway he took me out the bank into the rod shop to play with blanks and I starts going weak at the knees and start getting that quivering feeling. After lots of playing hanging onto rods and half built rods and blanks I found one that I fell in love with, with the thought of putting a shimano 6500 bait runner one it, tells me I have expensive tastes, bugger me if it aint a loomis. Cant remember the model number, will ring and find out and see if someone can come up with the equal, nice blank though
cheers
blaze

Black_Rat
14-03-2007, 11:27 PM
Blaze,

It is a flaw in blokes ;D fishing gear !

Haven't got that, where do I pay ? (scrambles to get his wallet out) ::) ;D

grave41
15-03-2007, 12:24 AM
Probably Loomis 905, 6-12kg blank. They"re used in moreton bay spinning for mackeral.Excellant taste.Custom made is the way to go.
IMO Graham

2DKnBJ
19-03-2007, 09:05 PM
It's too late now Blaze.The rod building bug has got you by the...Well you know what.After spending the time making the rack you can't let it sit there and gather dust.
I can honestly say there is nothing more satisfying than completing a rod you have built from scratch.

Good luck and have fun

Cheers Dazza