PDA

View Full Version : The Whales strike back

rando
14-03-2007, 08:49 PM
News Item tonight showed a sperm whale capsizing a japanese fishing boat, resulting in the drowning of one of the occupants.
on this occasion at least :
Japanese 0
Whales 1

GO THE WHALES:D :D :D :D

HIGH and DRY
14-03-2007, 09:17 PM
News Item tonight showed a sperm whale capsizing a japanese fishing boat, resulting in the drowning of one of the occupants.
on this occasion at least :
Japanese 0
Whales 1

GO THE WHALES:D :D :D :D

:D :D :D bet their pants turned a darker shade of brown!!!

sarg
14-03-2007, 11:00 PM
It was three fishermen in a small boat, the man who passed was 58 years old and whilst trying to save the sperm whale (much like the recent aussies) it paniced and knocked them out of the boat. Pretty unfortunate realy.

Andrew

el_carpo
15-03-2007, 03:06 AM
All those boats out there killing whales and one boat trying to save them and which boat gets attacked? Ugh!

Sometimes, I hate irony.

It's true, no good deed goes unpunished.

rando
15-03-2007, 09:52 AM
My thoughts exactly EC, but could'nt help myself,
had to have a dig at the scientific whalers!!!!

kingtin
15-03-2007, 10:32 AM
I saw 3 different reports on this and they all seemed to emphasise that the whale panicked with the inference that it was it's own worst enemy.

What the hell do they know? The whale was "beached" in the shallows! I would think that a natural consequence of that would be that it would flap it's tail and move erratically in order to try and free itself. Of course it likely panicked! ::) They're intelligent, but to infer that they should know when they are being helped is a bit over the top IMHO.

kev

SeaHunt
15-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Seems like Japs don't swim too well with gum boots on and no Life Jackets.

Chezzy13
15-03-2007, 01:35 PM
I just think its disgrace what they do to them whales, so cruel, inhumane, its sheer cruelty..IMO..>:(

el_carpo
16-03-2007, 09:20 AM
My thoughts exactly EC, but could'nt help myself,
had to have a dig at the scientific whalers!!!!

I understand Rando. It's tough not to get angry about it. "Scientific research" -- yeah right! What a load! Exactly what are they researching? Does whale taste better with soy sauce or with salt and pepper?

So yeah, I don' think anyone could blame you or anyone else for getting mad and taking a dig at 'em.

Kingtin,

You're exactly right. How was the whale supposed to know what was happening to him? It's not his fault, it's not really the boat's fault either, it's just a major bummer that it turned out the way it did. I'm sure the guys were aware of the risks of getting close to a big animal like that. They took a gamble to do the nice thing and it didn't work out.

That's life. We don't always get the happy ending we want.

....... but, the media is the media.::) There always has to be someone or something to blame even when there isn't. I guess we should just be glad they didn't somehow include Godzilla or Rodan in their report.;D

EC