PDA

View Full Version : Boat insurance

paranoid
13-03-2007, 08:06 AM
Well its that time again to make a call on to insure or not, my boat is 1980 cruise craft with a 12 month old 115 yamaha on the back - looking for others opionions on insurance CYA. :P

tripplenipple
13-03-2007, 08:31 AM
Insure It!

SgBFish
13-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Do it.
You will sleep better.
Think of the third party aspect.
Scott

finga
13-03-2007, 10:21 AM
It's not the value of your boat but the value of the person you may injure or the other vessel you hit.
Insure for sure

seatime
13-03-2007, 11:26 AM
definately insure for third party as a minimum, call an insurance broker and let them shop around for you.

goldfish
13-03-2007, 01:49 PM
after being insured for years & never claimimg we had our boat broken into early january 07 with about $8,000 taken. even though i'm still waiting for the payment we could never replace the gear we lost. & when you insure check what it covers. our boat insurance only covered $500 fishing gear but we found out that our house insurance covered the rest. so look into it really well. i know they over charge & don't like paying out but if you lost your rig how long would it take you to save up for another one? insure it if something does happen you will be glad you did.
cheers
rick.

Y-Not
13-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Paranoid, Over the last 25 years I have hit a broken off beacon post (submerged) and broke a gear box casing:-/ and also hit a submerged log a couple of weeks after a flood and smashed the gearbox completley:'( . YES I may have been foolish with the 2nd incident knowing of recent floods but was on the water in that area everyday and hadnet encountered any floating timber. End result in both cases the INSURANCE paid to have 1 motor fixed (60 hp Evinrude)and the other replaced (50 hp chrysler) both times I am back opn the water MONTHS before I could have covered the repair costs myself. I will never go without insurance!;D

FNQCairns
13-03-2007, 02:40 PM
Y-Not how did they replace the Chrysler??

cheers fnq

Marlin_Mike
13-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Crazy not to insure, minimum thrid party

Mike

rubba
13-03-2007, 04:02 PM
mate take it from me insure it recently we had a my boat go down on south passage bar lucky we had insurance 8-)

zigfreed
13-03-2007, 05:52 PM
mate take it from me insure it recently we had a my boat go down on south passage bar lucky we had insurance 8-)

Nasty stuff rubba dont wish that on anyone.

Paranoid, its not just the water you have to worry about mate its also all the idiots on the road while you are driving to the boat ramp. I normally leave brissy around 3-4 am to go out on saturday mornings. Spend most of the drive sh**ting myself at all the obviously pissed idiots driving home after a nite out. There is usally 5-6 each time.

I am sure their insurance would not cover if they hit you, but at least you could claim and let your insurence take it out of their hide somehow..................

dnej
14-03-2007, 08:32 AM
Try calling NRMA, agreed value cover, good premiums.
But make sure you have all the info ready to talk to them,for a quote.
Rego engine trailer numbers. Year dates, and most importantly, the value you want to put on the insurance.
Work it all out, before you call
Trailer x
Boat xx
Motor xxx
Attached gear xxxx
David