PDA

View Full Version : This sucker must have been 8 foot ...

Liberty
12-03-2007, 11:17 AM
;D ;D ;D

Ooglie and I headed out to Caloundra Wide on Sat. Brilliant weather and we lost 6 lures/jigs over the day.

There are some nicely decorated Hoo/AJs out there at the moment .... although I'm sure one could have been a misplaced Bondi Tram ...

disorderly
12-03-2007, 06:18 PM
I caught one of those little suckers a few months back.
Thought the missus would be impressed by a bit of variation in our seafood diet.
Trouble was he was real tough to kill and I ended up with black crap from one end of the boat to the other,all through the esky and all over me.Big mistake!
I certainly wasnt wearing a smile like your's.
I hope you were smarter than me and cut the line!

cheers Scott

ooglie74
12-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Thanks for a great day out Nigel, Im sure some of those fish where on a one way trip to New Zealand.
Pity about all your lost lures(pakulas) and jigs but there are some very blinged up fish swimming around out there,But guess thats fishing.
Great conditions,great company, lots of fun.
We landed Mackeral Tuna,Striped Tuna,Rainbow Runner,Gold spot cod,Snangled Emporer and Squire.(also an octopus).
Had a ball on an awesome boat with an awesome skipper,what more could you want.
Yeah we cut the line he wasnt a very happy octopus.

Cheers Troy

Frank OO
12-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Hi Nigel,

You followed us out on Saturday and overtook us while we waited for our second boat.

Did you head up to Hutchies or did you goy out to deeper water.

Frank OO

Liberty
13-03-2007, 09:05 AM
Hi Frank

Yes I saw your boat. Nice rig!

We went out to Caloundra Wide then out to one of the trawler wrecks in 430ft. The current was ripping along out there and apart from donating yet another jig we had trouble getting the lines down. We ended back at Hutchies.

How did you go?

Nigel