PDA

View Full Version : Divided Is- Capricornia

laugag
12-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Last Friday was going to go coorooman but because the weather was so kind, decided to poke out to Divided.

Got out there and began fishing by around 730am and was the first boat there.

After trying a couple different spots, only managed an undersized cod and keepable hussar. I also caught a giant sponge which was different.

At one point, there was a school of large mackeral shooting under the boat heading north but they werent interested in any lures/bait.

Headed back round midday when the weather started picking up.

There were four other boats around the island when I was there and they seemed to be having as much luck as I was.

G :-/

hooknose
12-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Hey laugag,
Divided is a bit of a hot and cold spot but definately worth a fish. The shallow bombies to the north often hold bait which can be jigged and put out. The shallow channel between the bombies and the island is always worth a drift with live bait or pillies for some very good mackeral at times and the occasional Trout. Never leave without doing a trolling pass with lures( halco's or rapala's or even a spoon)along the western and northern sides.

About half way towards Wedge Is in a straight line from Divided is a small patch known as Wendy's rocks. Always worth a shot on the way home, holds some big cod and lippers etc as well as mackeral when they are around. Have a sniff around with your sounder and you should find it !!!

laugag
13-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Hey thanks for the info Hooknose

Wendy's rocks you are talking about are not those bommies that that are few hundred meters north of the island and visible above the water?

G

hooknose
18-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Further over towards Wedge mate( about half way )

ps watch out for those bombies when the tide is full !!!