PDA

View Full Version : Your choice / Opinion

crazboutfishin
10-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Hi guys and girls, I am in the market to but a new boat. But i am unable to decide which brand. What do you think??? I.E. preference? Past experiences. Owners. ANYTHING. :D My choices are as follows -

Horizon 380 Pathfinder
Seajay 370 Nomad
Seajay 395 Nomad
Quintrex 385 Explorer
Stacer 380/390 Proline
Stessco 375 Tripper / 395 Bass Tracker

All these boats will be powered with a 15 - 25hp motor (brand undecided, thats for another day)

Sorry for all the options but please any feedback is good feeedback. Thanks

Crazy

Blackened
10-03-2007, 03:58 PM
G'day

I don't know much aboout each hull, ie: type, material thickness or general constructon but I'd be inclined to go the seajay 395.

What $$ budget do you have? Some brands may have extras that the others have as standard.

Take each one for a drive if possible and see what you like.

Dave

Kleyny
10-03-2007, 04:46 PM
As Blackened said look at things like hull design, thickness of hull, how many ribs, height and width, standard features, overall build quality and find what would suit the application.
Personally I'm bias but i like the Quinny. But the SeaJay was a close second.

Neil

haggis
10-03-2007, 08:04 PM
to throw a spanner in the works ,what about an ally craft 375 cody .
it was a great little boat teamed up with a yammie 15 four stroke .

withoutatrace
11-03-2007, 07:20 AM
Blackened, My budget is really a mixed issue. I am also considering buying in stages. for example, buying the hull and trailer first then saving for the motor.

My budget is between a new and used boat so around $3000 to $6000. Its not really an issue im just really after some feedback about the boats as im not that serious just yet.

Thanks
Crazy

crazboutfishin
11-03-2007, 07:22 AM
Sorry Blackened, i just did that reply on my dads profile. hahaha.

OK we'll get this right this time. hahaha

Cheers
Crazy (there we go)

TheSaint
11-03-2007, 10:07 AM
Makocraft 390 Open would be other i would look at as it has thicker bottom than the Quinny, Stacer & Seajay...

plus it can take a 30hp if you want..

disorderly
11-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Crazy,
My old man has just purchased a new Quinnie 385 explorer and put a new 15hp Yamaha on it.
He bought them at different dealers for a total Boat,motor ,trailer price of $6000.
He is a frugal man,so he shopped around till he got the right prices.
Good luck.

cheers Scott

crazboutfishin
11-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Ok, just to make it harder. i went and had a look at some Blue Fin boats and they seemed fantastic! well built, innovative (side pockets). they were at a great price.

Has anyone had any experiences with these ones???

One thing i dont like about the quinnies and stacers is that the seats are not welded but riveted in. this i didnt like at all as if a rivet comes loose uve got potential water leakage.

cheers
Crazy