PDA

View Full Version : Have you been given an Infringement notice ?

Lucky_Phill
09-03-2007, 06:41 PM
I have seen the stats on infringement notices handed out to the Qld boaties last year.

Just wondering if any AF's have been done ?

No need to identify yourselves, just vote.

Phill

charleville
09-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Never for me but I sure get inspected a lot. :D

...by police in little boats and in big boats... 8-)

...and by fisheries and boating people in their flash inflatable, with three on board and always with a very pleasant young lady doing the talking. :) :) :)

fishn-ads
09-03-2007, 07:31 PM
I was one of those last year "OUT OF DATE FLARES" :-[ by 4months "bugger"

FNQCairns
09-03-2007, 08:26 PM
No never, not even pulled up not in anyone else's boat either, once we came close but they couldn't keep up :) nah... they just idled within 3 feet of us and asked if we were having any luck while eyeing the inside of the boat, was strange but at least we were not imposted upon.

cheers fnq

seatime
09-03-2007, 08:36 PM
I was one of those last year "OUT OF DATE FLARES" :-[ by 4months "bugger"

too late for you now mate, :'( but there's stickers available where you write in the expiry dates of flares and EPIRBs. stick them in an obvious spot, and you're constantly reminded of the dates without having to pull out flares to check. :)

gunna
10-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Never been inspected up here. But warned twice when I lived in Sydney.

BAT
10-03-2007, 07:49 PM
NO. I have never been pulled up.

gawby
10-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Phill,
I have had about 20 to 30 tickets in my truck. Do they count.

Graeme

Fat Chilli
11-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Phill, should have included "HAVE YOU EVER BEEN INSPECTED", this may have put the number of infringement notices issued into context.

cervelo
11-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Phil

Just before xmas I was bringing our 3.72m Naiad tender into the beach from the mothership, my 7 year old daughter was on the front and the water police issued me with a caution notice as she was not wearing a life jacket on a vessel under 5m.

The crazy thing is that this tender is able to carry almost twice as many as our 5.2m fishing rig and she could also jump in the water and swim to shore.

I suspect as more poorly thought out laws are passed by the tree swingers in parliament it will be left to the police to try to make them work.

Cheers
Glenn

subzero
11-03-2007, 03:34 PM
cervelo, at what distance is it too far for your daughter to swim to shore and how might the Water Police be able to determine wether she can swim or not at all? (Toss her in perhaps and see if she drowns?).
The boat was underway, it sounds as though the W/P were very fair as they let you off.
This is just an observation, not an attack on you, how can the police realisticly determine ANYONES capabilities, that is why their has to be a basis or a starting point to every rule or regulation. (Yes, many are poorly concieved and appear to show no foresight).

Cheers Lloyd

Lucky_Phill
11-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Fair call Fat Chilli.

Might do another one with that in mind. On that note, I have fished in and around Brissie for too many years to remember, pulled up once but I was regularly checked on my holidays to places in the north.

Is that because there is a higher likelyhood of tourists not knowing the local laws or State Laws , ( depending on the situation ) and maybe the tourists are not in the " safety ' frame of mind. ?

I suppose the obvious next question is that if you have been fined once, have you re-offended and was it for the same problem. My bet is , once you've been done you'll never get done again. Sometimes a harsh lesson, but !!!

phill

seatime
11-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Phil

Just before xmas I was bringing our 3.72m Naiad tender into the beach from the mothership, my 7 year old daughter was on the front and the water police issued me with a caution notice as she was not wearing a life jacket on a vessel under 5m.

The crazy thing is that this tender is able to carry almost twice as many as our 5.2m fishing rig and she could also jump in the water and swim to shore.

I suspect as more poorly thought out laws are passed by the tree swingers in parliament it will be left to the police to try to make them work.

Cheers
Glenn

sounds like a good story with a happy ending, Glenn. :)

it could have been a $150 fine :'(

http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/Home/About_us/Msq_headlines/Headlines_lifejackets

cheers
Steve

Y-Not
13-03-2007, 02:27 PM
In the last 5 years boating around Moreton bay I think I would have been asked to show my saftey gear on probably 15 to 20 occassions no problems ever. the worst was 3 times in one day by the same polioce boat & crew as I moved around the bay fishing. We fish from an old Cruise Craft Reef Raider (5m) so not just a tiny tinnie to attract attention to ourselves.

Lucky_Phill
13-03-2007, 09:28 PM
That may be my problem, Graeme, I don't ( usually ) fish the bay during daylight hours. :-X ::) ;)

Phill

THE FISH WISPERER
15-03-2007, 05:47 PM
no never pulled up

sempre
15-03-2007, 10:25 PM
I got done for those stupid boat rego stickers that wouldnt stay on , about a year ago .
I had ordered a new one , it was on its way , but he still booked me . I must thank the depo of trans for that one day.
Sam...

gaz066
16-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Fished in boats offshore , inshore , down south , in boats big and small. Pulled up probably twice but never been booked however ususally fish at night or on the water by 3am and off by 9.00am.

Happy to be checked anytime but maybe the 'boys in blue' only work gentlemans hours ?

Rod Fishing
16-03-2007, 11:49 PM
I was about 50m out from a green zone knowing full well i wasn't init i wasnt worried. the dudes came up to me and asked if i new where i was and i explained it to them and actually showed then on the chart. luvky i have a Cmap. But they went away. someime i wish i was single again the young lady on board was seriously hot.

Dory4.1
17-03-2007, 02:26 PM
The only time I've been inspected was by the Fisheries, after I had my trailer back on the boat at the boat ramp. They firstly asked if I had caught anything, to which I could truthfully say nothing legal (story of my life) and that I had released everything that I had caught. They didn't bother looking in the esky, but did have a good look through my safety gear, which is all in date, and in good condition.

Rgs
Michael

gaz066
20-03-2007, 06:12 PM
The only time I've been inspected was by the Fisheries, after I had my trailer back on the boat at the boat ramp. They firstly asked if I had caught anything, to which I could truthfully say nothing legal (story of my life) and that I had released everything that I had caught. They didn't bother looking in the esky, but did have a good look through my safety gear, which is all in date, and in good condition.

Rgs
Michael

Dory you will have to show me that one, putting the 'trailer on the boat' may have given them a clue!

BAT
20-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Out of the goldy today and they where only targeting old boats. I guess they know nearly all new boats these days come with safty gear.

sid_fishes
20-03-2007, 06:35 PM
never been booked but have been pulled up and inspected for everything from flares to rego stickers and all my other safety gear. and always the same young[ good looking lady i might add] that boarded me . but she did say that the young bloke on board did want to know more about the boat cheers ian

Silent
25-03-2007, 04:25 PM
I got done for those stupid boat rego stickers that wouldnt stay on , about a year ago .
I had ordered a new one , it was on its way , but he still booked me . I must thank the depo of trans for that one day.
Sam...
Umm.. Interesting I was pulled at Brissy River by water police for an inspection...
They noticed no rego label on my boat and I was surprised :o :-[ :'( ...
Told them it must fell off...they let me go...Phew...

Somebody says the manufacturer of rego label has the problem with glue and does not stick well on boat side...

Question? shall I get new one or wait for rego expire in June?
(you know the type of person like me hate to go to dept of transport to pick the queue ticket and wait for number to call)

StevenM
25-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Play by the rules and all will be good

I had a time when every weekend and sometimes twice in a day I was pulled over. Didnt matter if I was 5 km offshore at the goldy, in the bay or in the river.

Dont know why, I look nothing like T1.. :-)

Marlin_Mike
25-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Order a new one silent.....free and can be done online

mike

sempre
25-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Definately order another one , Silent .

Greg P
25-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Silent - Just do it on-line and they post it out to you

https://www.service.transport.qld.gov.au/replacementcertificateQt/ReplCertificate.jsp

Silent
26-03-2007, 07:50 AM
Thank you guys for helpful...
Done order the new label online...I love it...:)

bundylundy
03-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Warned about not being able to read the rego stickers a few years back at Boondooma Dam(bits missing here and there). Keep a check on things theese days. They are only doing their job, so if I do my bitthen no problems.

BundyLundy.

ozbee
04-04-2007, 12:50 PM
rego labels i think are a waste of time been pulled up a few times to be checked. out comes the lap top they have all the details before they even talk to you. i mean whats the use my new sticker fell off in the garage in one week in heat in north qld. anyhow fisheries advise me to stick it behind windscreen inside the boat better chance of grabbing it as it falls off he said. they admitted they new there is a problem with the glue. this guy i found was the head huncho in north qld hes fair enough stick on inside we wont book you what common sense un believeable.

snelly1971
06-04-2007, 12:36 PM
The Marine Police here coming fishing with me fairly often so no i have never been pulled up...i suppose they see by going out with me that i do the right thing and have all safety gear so there is no need to check me....

Black_Rat
06-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Damm, Broncs & Dogs!

Mr__Bean
08-04-2007, 05:13 AM
Got pulled up on Friday as we came back in around the bottom of Bribie, they checked our catch and our safety gear and all was OK.

A good couple of guys that gave info freely and passed on a couple of handy booklets.

I may differ from most here, but I actually like to see them out there being active.

- Darren

wags on the water
09-04-2007, 11:14 PM
No never been given an infringement ticket but was very close one day. Couldn't find my flares so officer was writing out a ticket when I found them 'right under my nose'. I was relieved but I could see the disappointment on the officers face.

Scott nthQld
11-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Nearly....Fisheries tried to tell us that the doggie mackeral we had was a spaniard, it only took the 3 of us in the boat to argue to point and they backed down, still had to throw the fish back though, which had been dead and in ice for the last 5 hours.

I still stand by that we were right, we pointed out all the things that they said a spanish didn't have that our fish had, and pointed out trademark markings on our fish that was prominent in a doggie.

chewy01
11-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Geez,
i either fish wayyy too much or our lot are just busy, i get pulled up every couple weekends,sometimes twice a weekend...hervey bay qld..

MTAQ/BTAQ
11-09-2008, 04:03 PM
I was checked on the Scarborough boat ramp along with a commercial dive boat. They wanted to see my EPIRB was in date (I do have one) but I reminded them that I did not need one on the boat ramp but I showed them my EPIRB just to keep the peace.

Hornet Rider
11-09-2008, 10:01 PM
my old man was a Brisbane firey for 25 years, one thing he loved about the job was the fact that the kids always waved at the firey's ;Dbut nobody waved at the coppers>:( so being a compassionate young lad, I took it upon myself to always wave at the police whenever I saw them. That was nearly 50 years ago, but I still either wave at them or give them a nod. Some of them just can't cope with it, & that's half the fun watching their expressions. Was on the brissy river in Feb this year doing a test run in my tinny after fitting a new prop, just east of the Gateway Br. Son was at the helm ploughing along at 15 kts, daughter in law enjoying the ride & I was watching the tacho, checking the wake, litening to the motor etc. Looked right & saw the water police barge about 300 meters to the back right, so I gave them a wave & then turned my attention back to the tacho. Next thing my daughter in law said - I think we've got visitors. The water police had flicked on the blue light & were closing on us like there was no tomorrow. Son throttled back & the coppers came abeam about 5 feet to starbard, nice bit of small boat handling actually. Police woman at the helm, male snr const midships who said the speed limit was 6 kts. Surprise, surprise, I gave him a stunned mullet look - we had just blasted through the 6kt zone at 15 kts. I just shook my head & said I was so sorry, that I really didn't see the zone, which I didn't. He said it was a $150 fine. I said so how's that work out? Is that $75 for each of you? He laughed, she didn't. I apologised for being a dim wit, he said no worries, have a good day & off they went. She gave me one last parting look as if to say 'this is your lucky day boy', so I waved again, she smiled. Moral of the story - keep waving at the firey's, & start waving at the police, politely of course.